The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born||(1939-10-31)31 October 1939|
|Died||28 May 1983(1983-05-28) (aged 43)|
|Associated acts||Melih Kibar|
Çiğdem wrote her first song "Ağlıyorum Yine", which was sung by Nilüfer and released on her single, "Kalbim Bir Pusula". The great success of this song led her to write songs for many other singers, among them for Yeliz and Füsun Önal. Turkey participated at the Eurovision Song Contest 1975 held in Stockholm, Sweden for the first time, and three songs written by Talu were in the qualification in Ankara.
That year, she met composer Melih Kibar and they started to make music together. Their first song, "İşte Öyle Bir Şey" sung by Erol Evgin was a great hit. From then on, Talu wrote and Kibar composed pop music songs for Evgin, which became hits. Talu and Kibar produced around 200 songs.
She died of breast cancer in Istanbul. Following her death, a number of artists organized a series of concerts in her honor. In 2006, a number of her songs were put together as an album and sold.
- "Çiğdem Talu Biyografisi". biyografi.info. 1 February 2016. Archived from the original on 31 January 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Documentary by Can Dündar and Barış Duran, Yüzyılın Aşkları - Çiğdem Talu & Melih Kibar, 2003.
- Çiğdem Talu’ya vefa Retrieved 1 June 2009
- Çiğdem Talu Bir Zamanlar serisi Retrieved 28 January 2007
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Çiğdem Talu; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.