The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|1010 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1763|
|Balinese saka calendar||931–932|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
3706 or 3646
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
3707 or 3647
|- Vikram Samvat||1066–1067|
|- Shaka Samvat||931–932|
|- Kali Yuga||4110–4111|
|Japanese calendar||Kankō 7
|Minguo calendar||902 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1321/1322 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1552–1553|
1136 or 755 or −17
— to —
1137 or 756 or −16
- March 8 – Persian poet Ferdowsi finishes writing the Shahnameh (Book of Kings), which will be regarded as the national epic of the greater Iranian culture.
- The Lý dynasty is established in Vietnam (or 1009), and moves the capital to Thăng Long (modern-day Hanoi).
- Second conflict in the Goryeo–Khitan War: The Goryeo king is unseated in a revolt, resulting in an invasion by the Liao dynasty, and the burning of the Korean capital Gaegyeong.
- Song Zhun of Song Dynasty China completes the work of the earlier geographer Lu Duosun, an enormous atlas of China that is written and illustrated in 1,556 chapters, showing maps of each region, city, town, and village (the atlas took 39 years to complete).
- In the Chola dynasty, the first votes are celebrated by adding a ballot in an urn.
- Viking explorer Þorfinnr "Karlsefni" Þórðarson attempts to found a settlement in North America (approximate date).
- The Russian city of Yaroslavl is founded as an outpost of the principality of Rostov Veliky.
- Hisham II the Nephast is restored as Umayyad caliph of the Caliphate of Córdoba, succeeding Muhammad II al-Mahdi.
- Allied to Muslim rebels, Ramon Borrell, Count of Barcelona sacks Córdoba.
- June 2 - The Battle of Aqbat al-Bakr takes place in the context of the Fitna of al-Andalus resulting in a defeat for the Caliphate of Córdoba.
- The construction of Brihadisvara Temple at Tamil Nadu (modern India) is completed during the Chola dynasty (Early Medieval period).
- Rajaraja I and His Teacher, detail of a wall painting in the Brihadisvara Temple is made during the Chola dynasty, Early Medieval period (approximate date).
- Lady Murasaki writes The Tale of Genji in Japanese] (approximate date).
- Beowulf is written anonymously (approximate date).
- May 30 – Zhao Zhen, Emperor Renzong of the Song Dynasty (d. 1063)
- Adalbero, bishop of Würzburg (approximate date)
- Adalbero III of Luxembourg, German nobleman (d. 1072)
- Akkadevi, princess of the Chalukya Dynasty (d. 1064)
- Anno II, archbishop of Cologne (approximate date)
- Arialdo, Italian nobleman and deacon (approximate date)
- Benno, bishop of Meissen (approximate date)
- Eberhard, archbishop of Trier (approximate date)
- Eleanor of Normandy, countess of Flanders (d. 1077)
- Gebhard, archbishop of Salzburg (approximate date)
- Gomes Echigues, Portuguese knight and governor (d. 1065)
- Honorius II, antipope of the Catholic Church (approximate date)
- John V of Gaeta, Italian nobleman (approximate date)
- Michael IV (the Paphlagonian), Byzantine emperor (d. 1041)
- Odo (or Eudes), French nobleman (approximate date)
- Otloh of Sankt Emmeram, German monk (approximate date)
- Siegfried I, German nobleman (approximate date)
- Tunka Manin, ruler of the Ghana Empire (d. 1078)
- February 14 – Fujiwara no Korechika, Japanese nobleman (b. 974)
- Ælfric of Eynsham, English abbot and writer (approximate date)
- Abu'l-Nasr Muhammad, Farighunid ruler (approximate date)
- Aimoin, French monk and chronicler (approximate date)
- Aisha, Andalusian poet and writer (approximate date)
- Cathal mac Conchobar mac Taidg, king of Connacht
- Ermengol I (or Armengol), count of Urgell (b. 974)
- John Kourkouas, Byzantine catepan (approximate date)
- Maelsuthan Ua Cerbhail, Irish advisor and chronicler
- Vijayanandi, Indian mathematician (approximate date)
- Basa Bali
- Basa Banyumasan
- Беларуская (тарашкевіца)
- Bikol Central
- Emiliàn e rumagnòl
- বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Kreyòl ayisyen
- Кырык мары
- Bahasa Melayu
- नेपाल भाषा
- Norsk bokmål
- Norsk nynorsk
- Олык марий
- Runa Simi
- Sesotho sa Leboa
- Simple English
- Српски / srpski
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 1010; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.