The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Ab urbe condita||2223|
|Balinese saka calendar||1391–1392|
|English Regnal year||9 Edw. 4 – 10 Edw. 4|
|Chinese calendar||己丑年 (Earth Ox)
4166 or 4106
— to —
庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
4167 or 4107
|- Vikram Samvat||1526–1527|
|- Shaka Samvat||1391–1392|
|- Kali Yuga||4570–4571|
|Japanese calendar||Bunmei 2
|Minguo calendar||442 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||2012–2013|
1596 or 1215 or 443
— to —
1597 or 1216 or 444
- March 12 – Wars of the Roses in England – Battle of Losecoat Field: The House of York defeats the House of Lancaster.
- March 20 (Julian calendar) – The Battle of Nibley Green is the last fought between the private armies of feudal magnates in England.
- Spring: Anglo-Hanseatic War: Hanseatic League privateers set sail.
- May 15 – Charles VIII of Sweden, who has served three terms as King of Sweden, dies. Sten Sture the Elder proclaims himself Regent of Sweden the following day, and is recognised by the estates on June 1.
- July 12 – The Ottomans capture Euboea.
- August 20 – Stephen the Great defeats the Volga Tatars of the Golden Horde led by Ahmed Khan, in the Battle of Lipnic.
- September 13 – A rebellion orchestrated by King Edward IV of England's former ally, Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, forces the King to flee England to seek support from his brother-in-law, Charles the Bold of Burgundy.
- October 3 – Warwick releases Henry VI of England from the Tower of London, and restores him to the throne.
- November 28 – Emperor Lê Thánh Tông of Vietnam launches a naval expedition against Champa, beginning the Cham–Annamese War.
- December 18 – Lê Thánh Tông leads the Đại Việt army into Champa, conquering the country in less than three months.
- The Pahang Sultanate is established at Pahang Darul Makmur (in modern-day Malaysia).
- History of Ghana: The first contact occurs between Europeans and the Fante nation of the Gold Coast, when a party of Portuguese land and meet with the King of Elmina.
- Johann Heynlin introduces the printing press into France and prints his first book this same year.
- In Tonga, in or around 1470, the Tuʻi Tonga Dynasty cedes its temporal powers to the Tuʻi Haʻatakalaua Dynasty, which will remain prominent until about 1600.
- Between this year and 1700, 8,888 witches are tried in the Swiss Confederation; 5,417 of them are executed.
- Sir George Ripley (alchemist) dedicates his book, The Compound of Alchemy, to the King Edward IV of England.
- The Chimor–Inca War ends with an Inca victory. The Chimor Empire is absorbed into the Inca Empire.
- January 1 – Magnus I, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg, German noble (d. 1543)
- February 16 – Eric I, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Prince of Calenberg (1491–1540) (d. 1540)
- April 7 – Edward Stafford, 2nd Earl of Wiltshire (d. 1498)
- April 9 – Giovanni Angelo Testagrossa, Italian composer (d. 1530)
- May 20 – Pietro Bembo, Italian cardinal (d. 1547)
- June 30 – Charles VIII of France (d. 1498)
- July 13 – Francesco Armellini Pantalassi de' Medici, Italian Catholic cardinal (d. 1528)
- July 20 – John Bourchier, 1st Earl of Bath, English noble (d. 1539)
- July 30 – Hongzhi Emperor of China (d. 1505)
- August 4
- October 2
- October 15 – Konrad Mutian, German humanist (d. 1526)
- November 2 – King Edward V of England, one of the princes in the Tower (d. c. 1483)
- November 28 – Wen Zhengming, artist during the Ming Dynasty (d. 1559)
- December 5 – Willibald Pirckheimer, German humanist (d. 1530)
- date unknown
- January 2 – Heinrich Reuß von Plauen, Grand Master of the Teutonic Order
- May 15 – Charles VIII of Sweden (b. 1409)
- October 18 – John Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester, Lord High Treasurer (b. 1427)
- November 23 – Gaston, Prince of Viana (b. 1444)
- December 16 – John II, Duke of Lorraine (b. 1425)
- date unknown
- probable – Jacopo Bellini, Italian painter (b. 1400)
- Basa Banyumasan
- Беларуская (тарашкевіца)
- Emiliàn e rumagnòl
- বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Kreyòl ayisyen
- Кырык мары
- Bahasa Melayu
- नेपाल भाषा
- Norsk nynorsk
- Олык марий
- Runa Simi
- Саха тыла
- Sesotho sa Leboa
- Simple English
- Српски / srpski
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 1470; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.