The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|1472 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1472 in poetry|
- February 20 – Orkney and Shetland are returned by Norway to Scotland, due to a defaulted dowry payment.
- December 31 – The city council of Amsterdam prohibits snowball fights: "Neymant en moet met sneecluyten werpen nocht maecht noch wijf noch manspersoon." ("No one shall throw with snowballs, neither men nor (unmarried) women.")
- The Kingdom of Fez is founded.
- Possible discovery of Bacalao (possibly Newfoundland, North America) by João Vaz Corte-Real.
- An extensive slave trade begins in modern Cameroon, as the Portuguese sail up the Wouri River.
- Fernão do Po claims the central-African islands Bioko and Annobón, for Portugal.
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena, the world's oldest surviving bank, is founded.
- Leonardo da Vinci is listed as a master, in Florence's Company of Artists.
- Johannes de Sacrobosco's De sphaera mundi (written c. 1230) is first published in Ferrara, the first printed astronomical book.
- Pietro d'Abano's Conciliator differentiarum quae inter philosophos et medicos versantur and De venenis eorumque remediis are published.
- Volterra, a town in Italy, is sacked by Florentine soldiers.
- The Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Saint Peter in York, commonly known as York Minster, is declared complete and consecrated.
- January 17 – Guidobaldo da Montefeltro, Italian condottiero and Duke of Urbino (d. 1508)
- February 15 – Piero di Lorenzo de' Medici, ruler of Florence (d. 1503)
- March 28 – Fra Bartolomeo, Italian artist (d. 1517)
- April 5 – Bianca Maria Sforza, Holy Roman Empress, married to Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1510)
- April 10 – Margaret of York, English princess (d. 1472)
- May 31 – Érard de La Marck, prince-bishop of Liège (d. 1538)
- August 11 – Nikolaus von Schönberg, German Catholic cardinal (d. 1537)
- October 19 – John Louis, Count of Nassau-Saarbrücken (d. 1545)
- October 31 – Wang Yangming, Chinese Neo-Confucian scholar (d. 1529)
- November 24 – Pietro Torrigiano, Italian sculptor of the Florentine school (d. 1528)
- December 10 – Anne de Mowbray, 8th Countess of Norfolk (d. 1481)
- date unknown
- March 30 – Amadeus IX, Duke of Savoy (b. 1435)
- April 25 – Leon Battista Alberti, Italian painter, poet, and philosopher (b. 1404)
- May 24 – Charles de Valois, Duke de Berry, French noble (b. 1446)
- May 30 – Jacquetta of Luxembourg, English duchess, daughter of Pierre de Luxembourg (b. 1416)
- June 4 – Nezahualcoyotl, Aztec poet (b. 1402)
- July 15 – Johann II of Nassau-Saarbrücken, Count of Nassau-Saarbrücken (1429–1472) (b. 1423)
- July 25 – Charles of Artois, Count of Eu, French military leader (b. 1394)
- November 18 – Basilios Bessarion, Latin Patriarch of Constantinople (b. 1403)
- December 11 – Margaret of York, English princess (b. 1472)
- date unknown – Afanasy Nikitin, Russian traveller
- Basa Banyumasan
- Беларуская (тарашкевіца)
- Bikol Central
- Emiliàn e rumagnòl
- বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Kreyòl ayisyen
- Kriyòl gwiyannen
- Кырык мары
- Bahasa Melayu
- नेपाल भाषा
- Norsk bokmål
- Norsk nynorsk
- Олык марий
- Runa Simi
- Саха тыла
- Sesotho sa Leboa
- Simple English
- Српски / srpski
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 1472; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.