The image is from Wikipedia Commons
2015 in Bangladesh
|See also:||Other events of 2015
List of years in Bangladesh
2015 (MMXV) was a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2015th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 15th year of the 3rd millennium, the 15th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2010s decade.
The year 2015 was the 44th year after the independence of Bangladesh. It was also the third year of the third term of the Government of Sheikh Hasina.
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Chief Justice: Md. Muzammel Hossain (until 16 January), Surendra Kumar Sinha (starting 17 January)
|Population density (per sq. km)||1,238.4|
|Population growth (annual %)||1.1%|
|Male to Female Ratio (every 100 Female)||101.9|
|Urban population (% of total)||34.3%|
|Birth rate, crude (per 1,000 people)||19.3|
|Death rate, crude (per 1,000 people)||5.3|
|Mortality rate, under 5 (per 1,000 live births)||36.3|
|Life expectancy at birth, total (years)||72.2|
|Fertility rate, total (births per woman)||2.1|
|Current US$||Current BDT||% of GDP|
|GDP||$195.1 billion||BDT15.2 trillion|
|GDP growth (annual %)||6.6%|
|GDP per capita||$1,210.2||BDT94,032|
|Agriculture, value added||$28.8 billion||BDT2.2 trillion||15.5%|
|Industry, value added||$52.3 billion||BDT4.1 trillion||28.1%|
|Services, etc., value added||$104.8 billion||BDT8.1 trillion||56.3%|
|Balance of Payment|
|Current US$||Current BDT||% of GDP|
|Current account balance||$2.6 billion||1.3%|
|Imports of goods and services||$45.6 billion||BDT3.8 trillion||24.7%|
|Exports of goods and services||$34,969.3 million||BDT2.6 trillion||17.3%|
|Foreign direct investment, net inflows||$2,831.2 million||1.5%|
|Personal remittances, received||$15,295.5 million||7.8%|
|Total reserves (includes gold) at year end||$27,493.1 million|
|Total reserves in months of imports||6.8|
Note: For the year 2015 average official exchange rate for BDT was 77.95 per US$.
- January 5 – Bangladeshi police report that two opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party activists are shot dead in clashes with members of the ruling Awami League in the town of Natore on the first anniversary of disputed general election.
- January 24 – Arafat Rahman, younger son of former president Ziaur Rahman and former prime minister Khaleda Zia dies.
- February 3 – In Chuddogram, anti-government protesters firebomb a bus full of sleeping passengers, leaving seven people dead.
- February 22 – A rescue operation is underway as a ferry carrying 100 passengers capsizes in the Padma River after colliding with a trawler, with the death toll reaching 41.
- February 25 – An arrest warrant is issued for Khaleda Zia, former Prime Minister of Bangladesh, after she fails to show up to face graft charges.
- February 27 – Avijit Roy, an American writer and blogger from Bangladesh, is hacked to death by Islamist attackers in Dhaka.
- March 6 – Customs officers at the Shahjalal International Airport catch Son Young Nam, a North Korean diplomat trying to smuggle an estimated $1.4 million worth of gold into Bangladesh. Bangladesh authorities release him.
- April 11 – Bangladeshi Jamaat-e-Islami leader Muhammad Kamaruzzaman is executed for war crimes committed during the 1971 Liberation War.
- May 12 – Bangladeshi secular blogger Ananta Bijoy Das is cut to pieces by a masked gang wielding machetes in the city of Sylhet. He is the third secular blogger to be killed in Bangladesh this year.
- November 22 – Two top Bangladeshi war criminals are hanged.
- January 24 – Arafat Rahman, son of former President Ziaur Rahman and former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia (b. 1969).
- April 11 – Muhammad Kamaruzzaman, politician, convicted war-criminal (b. 1952).
- May 18 – Hasanuzzaman Khan, journalist (b. 1926).
- June 1 – Serajur Rahman, journalist and broadcaster (b. 1934).
- June 29 – Mujibur Rahman, scientist.
- "Climate Change Knowledge Portal". The World Bank Group. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "World Development Indicators". The World Bank. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Bangladesh opposition leader Zia calls for blockade". 5 January 2015. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- "Bangladesh unrest: Seven burnt to death, several injured after bus firebombed". 3 February 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "68 dead in Bangladesh ferry accident". 23 February 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Arrest warrants out for Khaleda Zia in graft cases".
- "Atheist US blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh".
- "North Korean Diplomat Caught Smuggling $1.4 Million in Gold in Bangladesh". Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- Habib, Haroon (11 April 2015). "Bangladesh war crimes convict Kamaruzzaman executed". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Bangladesh blogger Ananta Bijoy Das hacked to death". BBC News. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "JS passes Financial Reporting Bill". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Bangladesh hangs opposition figures for war crimes". Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 2015 in Bangladesh; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.