2015 in China
|See also:||Other events of 2015
History of China • Timeline • Years
The following lists events that happened during 2015 in China.
Head of state
Head of government
- January 3 – The six-century old Gongchen Tower in Weishan, Yunnan is destroyed by a fire.
- January 12 – In Xinjiang, Chinese police kill six militants.
- February 17
- Chinese prosecutors say that former top Communist Party official Su Rong is under investigation for alleged corruption.
- Chinese authorities also announce the indictment of former Guangdong official Zhu Mingguo, former Jinan CPC party chief Wang Min, and former Taiyuan party chief Chen Chuanping, all on charges of corruption.
- February 28
- The municipal intermediate people's court for the eastern city of Dongying convicts Ni Fake, former Vice-Governor of Anhui in China, on charges of bribery and "amassing wealth of unclear origin", and sentences him to seventeen years in prison.
- The Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference removes disgraced senior official Ling Jihua from the office of vice-chairman and also strips him of his ordinary delegate status.
- March 6 – At least two knife-wielding attackers injure nine people at a train station in Guangzhou. The police fatally shoot one of the suspects.
- May 4 – Meeting between General Secretary of the Communist Party of China Xi Jinping and Kuomintang Chairman Eric Chu in Beijing.
- May 19 – Chinese Wikipedia is blocked in China.
- June 1 – The Dong Fang Zhi Xing capsizes on the Yangtze River in Jianli County, Hubei during severe weather.
- July 31 – International Olympic Committee selects Beijing as the host city of the 2022 Winter Olympics beating Almaty.
- August 12 – More than two explosions occurred within 30 seconds of each other at a container storage station at the Port of Tianjin in the Binhai New Area of Tianjin. Over 100 were killed and hundreds are injured. There were at least 700 tonnes of highly toxic sodium cyanide stored at the site. By August 15, local authorities ordered an evacuation.
- September 3 – China's Victory over Japan Day 70th Anniversary Parade held in Beijing, the first military parade to commemorate Victory over Japan Day in the history of the People's Republic of China. Around 12,000 troops from the People's Liberation Army and more than 1,000 troops from 17 nations participated in the parade.
- September 7 – Explosion at Nanming Chemical Co Ltd's plant in Lishui, Zhejiang – the fourth since Tianjin, this time caused by ignited methanol. No reported casualties.
- September 30 – 17 Explosions at Liucheng County, Guangxi. Police reported 7 deaths, 51 injuries and 2 missing. Terrorism was ruled out, while speculation centered on fast delivery packages. One suspect was detained.
- October 26 to 29 - The Fifth Plenum of the 18th CPC National Congress held in Beijing. The plenum discusses about the thirteenth Five-year plans of China.
- November 7 – Ma Ying-jeou and Xi Jinping met in Singapore, the first such meeting between the leaders of the two sides of the Taiwan Strait since the end of the Chinese Civil War.
- December 13 – National Memorial Day commemorating the 78th anniversary of the Nanking Massacre
- December 20 – a landslide happened in Guangming New Industrial Zone, Shenzhen, Guangdong. It has caused 7 deaths and about 75 to be missing, 16 are hospitalized. It is reported as man-made accident.
- December 28 – China approves an anti-terrorism law. US Government criticizes that China would use it as an excuse to corrupt its religious, company, speech and various freedom.
- December 31 – The PLA's Leader Department of Land Army, Rocket Army and Strategic Supportive Force established. Central Military Commission Chairman Xi Jinping masters the establishment ceremony.
- Chinese Super League season: 2015 Chinese Super League
- China League One season: 2015 China League One
- China League Two season: 2015 China League Two
- Chinese FA Cup season: 2015 Chinese FA Cup
- April 8 Rayson Huang , 94, Chinese chemist, vice-chancellor of the University of Hong Kong (1972–1986).
- April 9 Tsien Tsuen-hsuin , 105, Chinese-born American sinologist, professor, and librarian.
- April 10 Jin Youzhi, 96, last surviving sibling of Puyi, the final ruler of the Qing Dynasty and last Emperor of China.
- May 27 Zhang Jieqing , 102, Chinese politician and writer.
- October 9 Du Runsheng, 102, Chinese reformer and economist.
- December 4 Xu Ming,44, Chinese entrepreneur and billionaire.
- December 6 Liu Juying, 98, Chinese politician and army general.
- September 25, 2014 – March 22, 2015 – 2014–2015 Chinese Short Track Speed Skating League
- January 4–10 – 2015 Shenzhen Open
- March 23–29 – 2015 World Figure Skating Championships, in Shanghai
- April 6–12 – 2015 IIHF Women's World Championship Division I Group B
- April 24 – November 1 – 2015 China F4 Championship season
- April 26–3 May – 2015 World Table Tennis Championships, in Suzhou
- 5–10 May – 2015 Archery World Cup first leg, in Shanghai
- August 22–30 – 2015 World Championships in Athletics, in Beijing
- 2015 Archery World Cup
- 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup
- 2015 FIBA Asia Championship for Women
- 2015 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, in Guiyang
- 2015 Sudirman Cup, in Dongguan
- "Police in China shoot dead six in restive Xinjiang". Thomson Reuters. January 12, 2015.
- "China takes down senior leader amid anti-corruption campaign".
- "Senior Guangdong official Zhu Mingguo expelled from party over graft".
- "China jails former vice-governor as anti-corruption drive continues".
- "Top China advisory body CPPCC ousts former top Hu Jintao aide Ling Jihua".
- "Knife attack at China train station leaves 9 injured". Associated Press. March 6, 2015. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Chinese Wikipedia Blocked by Great Firewall - China Digital Times (CDT)". China Digital Times (CDT). 20 May 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- "China Now Blocked From Accessing Wikipedia". The Epoch Times. 8 June 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Hunt, Katie. "Leaders of China and Taiwan set for first talks since 1949 split". CNN. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Guo Wentao (郭文涛). 深圳滑坡被认定为安全事故 深圳市委向社会致歉. Qianjiang Evening News. 163.com. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- McKirdy, Euan. "China approves wide-ranging counter terrorism law". Hong Kong. CNN. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- 中美关系正接近临界点？. Hu yihu. ifeng. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- 解放军火箭军昨日正式成立 习近平授军旗. 163.com. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "FIBA Asia Congress chalks out road map for future". FIBA Asia. July 24, 2014. Retrieved December 19, 2014.