The image is from Wikipedia Commons
2015 in Ghana
2015 in Ghana details events of note that has been predicted to happen in the Ghana in the year 2015.
- June 3 - 11 people are killed in a fire at a filling station in Accra.
- June 4 - An explosion happens in Accra, killing 78 people.
- June 5 - The death toll of yesterday's explosion increases to over 200.
- July 7 - Talensi by-election - Following Robert Nachinab Doameng (NPP) becoming the Paramount Chief of Tongo, a by-election was held resulting in Benson Tongo Baba of the NDC being elected MP for Talensi with a margin of 3521.
- 19 April - Theodosia Okoh, 92, flag designer and sports administrator
- 12 May - Cecil Jones Attuquayefio, 70, football player and coach
- 2 September - Charles Gyamfi, 85, football player (Fortuna Düsseldorf) and coach (national team)
Holidays in italics are "special days", while those in regular type are "regular holidays".
- January 1: New Year's Day
- March 6: Independence Day
- April 22 Good Friday
- May 1: Labor Day
- December 4: Farmers day
- December 25: Christmas
- December 26: Boxing day
In addition, several other places observe local holidays, such as the foundation of their town. These are also "special days."
- "UPDATE: 11 Dead in Goil filling station fire … Number Could Go Up". 4 June 2015. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Toll rises in petrol-station explosion in Ghana". 4 June 2015. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Over 200 killed in Ghana gas station explosion". 5 June 2015. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "B.T. BABA: I am going to hit the ground running". Ghanaweb.com. Ghana Home Page. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Theodosia Okoh dies at age 92". Archived from the original on 2015-04-27. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- African coaching legend dies at 70
- C.K. Gyamfi: Legendary Ghanaian footballer and coach dies
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 2015 in Ghana; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.