The image is from Wikipedia Commons
2015 in Libya
|See also:||Other events of 2015
List of years in Libya
- January 5 - A Libyan warplane bombs a Greek-operated oil tanker anchored offshore the city of Derna, killing two sailors, one Greek and one Romanian. The Greek government condemned what it called an "unprovoked and cowardly" attack and demanded an investigation and punishment for those responsible.
- January 18 - State-sponsored army and Islamist-sponsored opposition declare a ceasefire.
- January 27 - Five gunmen at the Libyan Corinthia Hotel in Tripoli attack with at least ten dead. The hotel was previously the location in 2013 where a former prime minister was abducted.
- February 4 - Gunmen storm the al-Mabrook oil field.
- February 15 - The Islamic State releases a video purportedly showing the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians who had been previously kidnapped in Sirte.
- February 16 - Egypt bombs Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant targets in the city of Derna in Libya following the execution of 21 Coptic Christians.
- February 20 - Multiple car bombs kill at least 45 and wound 30 in al-Qubbah.
- March 2 - The Council of Deputies agrees to resume UN brokered peace talks with a rival government.
- March 15 - Fighting rages near Sirte between Islamic State and a militia alliance.
- March 16 - Islamic State kidnaps about 20 medical workers from the Ibn Sina Hospital in Sirte.
- April 13 - Nine people are killed and 400+ reported missing when a migrant vessel sinks off the Libyan coast.
- April 16 - Four immigrants arriving in Sicily claim to be the only survivors of a sunken ship. They say that 41 people had drowned when their vessel overturned and sank shortly after departing from Libya.
- "Libyan warplane bombs Greek-operated oil tanker at port, two dead". 5 January 2015. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Libya army declares cease-fire after U.N. talks". 18 January 2015. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Gunmen storm luxury Libyan hotel, killing American, 9 others". 28 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "UPDATE 2-Gunmen storm Libya's al-Mabrook oilfield". 4 February 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "Islamic State: Egyptian Christians held in Libya 'killed'".
- "Egypt bombs IS in Libya after beheadings video".
- "Libya violence: Islamic State attack 'kills 40' in al-Qubbah". 20 February 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Libya's elected parliament agrees to resume UN talks - spokesman". Daily Mail. 2 March 2015. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "Islamic State fighters in Libya battle militia near Sirte". 15 March 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "ISIS kidnaps 20 medical workers in Libya". 17 March 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- Scherer, Steve; Jones, Gavin; Nebehay, Stephanie. "400 migrants die in shipwreck off Libya, survivors say" (14 April 2015). Reuters. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "At least 41 drown off Libyan coast". Middle East Eye. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "41 more migrants feared drowned in new shipwreck". ITV.com. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 2015 in Libya; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.