The image is from Wikipedia Commons
2015 in Lithuania
|See also:||Other events of 2015
List of years in Lithuania
Events in the year 2015 in Lithuania.
- 1 January - Lithuania adopts the Euro and joins Eurozone.
- 1 January - first commercial operations in Klaipėda LNG FSRU.
- 1 January - National Cyber Security Centre of Lithuania was established.
- 1 January - Suicide Prevention Centre of Lithuania was established.
- 15 January - a big storm left 15,000 people without electricity, mostly in Klaipėda county.
- 16 January - second honorary consulate of Estonia in Lithuania was opened in the city of Kaunas.
- 26 January - Israel opened its embassy in Vilnius.
- 6 February - honorary consulate of India in Lithuania was opened in the capital city of Vilnius.
- 9 February - Aistė Diržiūtė becomes the first Lithuanian actress to win Shooting Stars Award.
- 28 February - Lithuania signs a trade agreement to buy liquefied natural gas from the United States in a move aimed at reducing heavy dependence on Russian gas deliveries.
- 1 March - Municipal elections held in Lithuania with first ever direct mayoral elections held together.
- 18 March - Polish-Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce was established.
- 19 March - Lithuanian Parliament Seimas voted in favour of conscription restitution.
- 20 March - NATO general Jean-Paul Palomeros has signed the NATO-Lithuanian agreement on the legal status of NATO command and control centres in Lithuania.
- 25 March - Lithuania's Social Democratic Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius opposed of proposed same-sex partnerships legalization.
- 29 March - archaeologists announced about the thousand-year-old grave discovery near the village of Kvietiniai, Klaipėda District Municipality.
- 9 April - Lithuania was invited to start accession talks with Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- 13 April - Darius Jauniškis appointed as the head of the State Security Department.
- 14 April - International Monetary Fund (IMF) classified Lithuania as advanced economy.
- 17 April - Opened a new Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Richmond, Virginia, United States.
- 23 April - Lithuania banned wearing separate elements of military uniforms and insignia in public.
- 28 April - Lithuania opens honorary consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- 4 May - Biggest stadium in the country - Žalgiris Stadium was sold for redevelopment and eventually de-establishment.
- 7 May - President Dalia Grybauskaitė rejected Vydas Gedvilas as candidate for education minister.
- 9 May - Moody‘s upgraded Lithuanian credit rating to A3.
- 15 May - district heating plant opened in Elektrėnai, that is operating on biofeuls.
- 16 May - 2 Lithuanian pilots died in aviation accident when Klaipėda Avialines plane Antonov An-2 dropped down to the Baltic Sea.
- 23 May - Air Lituanica, Lithuanian airline owned by the municipality of Vilnius, has announced that it is stopping operations.
- 26 May - Vilnius Intermodal Terminal was opened.
- 27 May - Audronė Pitrėnienė appointed as education and science minister of Lithuania.
- 1 June - Lithuanian General Consulate opened in Los Angeles, United States 
- 1 June - Laima Jurevičienė appointed as country's new ambassador to the Council of Europe.
- 7 June - Klaipėda Port announces start of international container distribution centre.
- 9 June - cable laying works of NordBalt were completed.
- 18 June - in Batumi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia Tamar Beruchashvili opened a second Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Georgia.
- 29 March - Petras Dirgėla, writer and recipient of the Lithuanian National Prize in 2003.
- 3 April - Algirdas Vaclovas Patackas, politician and signer of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the State of Lithuania.
- 6 April - Romualdas Ozolas, politician and signer of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the State of Lithuania.
- 6 October - Stasys Povilaitis, variety songs singer, maestro.
- 8 October - Galina Dauguvietytė, actor, TV director.
- "Klausimai ir atsakymai". Swedbank.lt. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Lithuania's LNG terminal starts commercial operations
- Lithuania launches National Cyber Security Centre
- Suicide Prevention Centre opens in Lithuania
- Ministrė: savižudybių prevencijos biuras pradės veikti nuo metų pradžios
- Elektros neturi 15 tūkst. vartotojų
- Estonia opens second honorary consulate in Lithuania
- Israel opens embassy in Vilnius
- India opens honorary consulate in Lithuania
- NATALIE PORTMAN SALUTES EUROPEAN SHOOTING STARS!
- Adomaitis, Nerijus (28 February 2015). "Lithuania signs non-binding deal for U.S. LNG". Reuters. Thompson Reuters. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Vilnius elects first foreigner into city council
- Mayoral elections might leave 5 parliament seats vacant
- The Establishment of the Polish – Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce
- Lithuania and Poland establish Chamber of Commerce
- Sprendimas priimtas – šauktiniai grįžta į kariuomenę
- Lithuania to start conscription on May 11
- NATO general signs deal with Lithuania on status of command centres
- PM against legalisation of same-sex partnerships
- Archaeologists discover thousand-year-old grave in Lithuania
- Lietuva pakviesta derėtis dėl narystės EBPO
- New chief of Lithuania's State Security Department appointed
- IMF classifies Lithuania as advanced economy
- Lithuania opens Honorary Consulate in Richmond, Virginia
- Lithuania bans wearing separate elements and insignia of military uniform in public
- Lithuania opens honorary consulate in Saudi Arabia
- Žalgiris Stadium in Vilnius sold for redevelopment
- Lithuanian president rejects Gedvilas as candidate for education minister
- Moody‘s upgrades Lithuania's government bond rating
- New biofuel boiler house opened in Elektrėnai, Lithuania
- Patvirtino išvadas dėl „An-2“ katastrofos
- Lietuvos infrastruktūrą pagerino 2 intermodaliniai terminalai
- Pitrėnienė appointed Lithuania's minister of education
- Lithuanian General Consulate to open in Los Angeles
- Jurevičienė appointed Lithuanian ambassador at Council of Europe
- Baigė tiesti „NordBalt"
- Lithuania opens second Honorary Consulate in Georgia
- Mirė nacionalinės kultūros ir meno premijos laureatas P.Dirgėla
- Mirė Seimo narys A. Patackas
- Mirė Lietuvos Nepriklausomybės Akto signataras Romualdas Ozolas
- Mirė poetas, maestro, dainininkas Stasys Povilatis
- Mirė aktorė, režisierė Galina Dauguvietytė
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 2015 in Lithuania; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.