The image is from Wikipedia Commons
2015 in Pakistan
|See also:||Other events of 2015
List of years in Pakistan
The following lists events that happened during 2015 in Pakistan.
- President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Prime Minister: Nawaz Sharif
- Chief Justice:
- January 4 – War in North-West Pakistan
- January 10
- A suicide bomb attack on a Shiite mosque in Rawalpindi kills at least seven people.
- A traffic accident between an oil tanker and passenger coach en route to Shikarpur from Karachi on the Pakistan National Highway Link Road near Gulshan-e-Hadeed, Karachi, results in at least 57 dead and scores injured.
- January 25 – A massive blackout strikes Pakistan, leaving as much as 80 percent of the country without electricity at its height as officials rush to restore power.
- February 13 – Pakistan announces the arrest of twelve Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan in relation to their alleged involvement in last year's school massacre.
- February 13 – Police and gunmen exchange gunfire in Peshawar after an explosion is reported at a nearby Shia mosque.
- February 17 – A bomb in a Shi'ite mosque in the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi kills at least two people and injures six.
- March 15 – A bombing of a church in Lahore kills at least eleven people with 48 more injured.
- March 23 – The Pakistan Army claims to have killed 80 Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan fighters in fighting in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in recent days while the Taliban claims to have killed at least six soldiers.
- May 19 – Zimbabwe Cricket Team toured Pakistan to play International Cricket Series. It was the first tour by a Test-playing nation since the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in 2009.
- May 22 – First T20 Match was played between Pakistan And Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. Tickets for both of the T20 matches sold out within two days, with 60,000 people attending the first game.
- August 14 – People of Pakistan celebrated 69th independence day of their country on 14 August.
- September 6 – People of Pakistan celebrated Defense day of their country on 06 Sep.
- "Airstrikes kill 39 militants in Pakistan". 4 January 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Bomb at volleyball match kills 4 in northwest Pakistan". 4 January 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Suicide blast kills seven in Pakistan". 10 January 2015. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- "Death toll in horrific road mishap near Karachi reaches 57". 11 January 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Officials scramble after massive power outage hits Pakistan". Associated Press. 25 January 2015.
- "Pakistan arrests Peshawar school massacre suspects".
- "Pakistani Taliban attack Shia mosque in Peshawar".
- "Bomb blast kills 2 at Shi'ite mosque in Pakistan's Rawalpindi".
- "11 killed, 48 injured as blasts target Lahore Church". 15 March 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Pakistan says 80 militants killed in heavy clashes in country's lawless north-west".
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 2015 in Pakistan; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.