The image is from Wikipedia Commons
2015 in Sri Lanka
- President: Mahinda Rajapaksa (until 9 January), Maithripala Sirisena (starting 9 January)
- Prime Minister: Disanayaka Mudiyanselage Jayaratne (until 9 January), Ranil Wickremesinghe (starting 9 January)
- January 8 - Voters in Sri Lanka go to the polls for a presidential election with a tight contest predicted between President Mahinda Rajapaksa and challenger Maithripala Sirisena.
- January 9 - Mahinda Rajapaksa concedes defeat to Maithripala Sirisena in the presidential election.
- January 11 - The new Sri Lankan government announces that it will investigate allegations of a coup attempt by Mahinda Rajapaksa, in a bid to retain power after being defeated at the polls.
- "Sri Lanka's Maithripala Sirisena looks to have toppled Rajapaksa". 9 January 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Sri Lanka election: shock as president Mahinda Rajapaksa concedes defeat". 9 January 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Sri Lanka to investigate Rajapaksa 'coup and conspiracy' attempt". 11 January 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 2015 in Sri Lanka; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.