The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Single by Razzy Bailey|
|B-side||"Keep Her Out Of Sight"|
|Razzy Bailey singles chronology|
|Single by Dickey Lee|
|from the album Angels, Roses and Rain|
|B-side||"I Will Never Get Over You"|
|Dickey Lee singles chronology|
"9,999,999 Tears" is a 1976 hit single by Dickey Lee. The song was written and originally recorded by American country music artist Razzy Bailey. Originally entitled "9,999,999 Years", it was released as a non-album single in 1966 but did not reach the charts.
Dickey Lee cover
Dickey Lee covered "9,999,999 Tears" in 1976. Released in November, it was the third and final single from his album Angels, Roses and Rain. The song peaked at number 3 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles and Canadian RPM Country Tracks charts. It also reached the pop charts of both nations.
The song marked a return to the pop charts for Lee following a 10-year hiatus. In the interim he had begun a 10-year string of country hits ending in 1981. "9,999,999 Tears" is among his greatest hits and his only hit to have charted on both the pop and country charts.
|Canada RPM Country Tracks||3|
|Canada RPM Top Singles||85|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||52|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles||3|
|U.S. Cash Box Top 100||83|
|U.S. Cash Box Country Singles||1|
- Razzy Bailey - 9,999,999 Tears
- "Dickey Lee singles". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 198.
- Cash Box Top 100 Singles, January 29, 1977
- "Cash Box Top 100 Country Singles, December 11, 1976". Archived from the original on October 20, 2018. Retrieved May 2, 2018.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article 9,999,999 Tears; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.