The image is from Wikipedia Commons
F.C. Lumezzane V.G.Z. A.S.D.
|Full name||Football Club Lumezzane V.G.Z. Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica|
|Ground||Stadio Tullio Saleri|
|2018–19||Promozione Lombardy Group D, 2nd|
F.C. Lumezzane V.G.Z. A.S.D. is an Italian association football club based in Lumezzane, Lombardy. The club, formerly known as "A.S.D. Valgobbiazanano", acquiring the assets of bankrupted Associazione Calcio Lumezzane S.p.A. and acted as its successor. A.C. Lumezzane last played in 2017–18 Serie D.
The club promoted to Serie C2 in 1993. Since the promotion, the club remained in the divisions Serie C1 (Lega Pro Prima Divisione) and Serie C2 (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione) from 1993 to 2014. The club also participated in 2014–15 Lega Pro season, the first unified Lega Pro/Serie C division since 1978.
In the regular season of 2007–08 Serie C2 , Lumezzane finished fourth in the Group A, and qualified for the promotional playoffs. The team defeated third-placed Rodengo Saiano in the semi-finals, 2–1 on aggregate. In the finals, it defeated fifth-placed Mezzocorona because it was the higher classified team after the pair ended in a 0–0 aggregate tie, thus winning promotion to the now-called Lega Pro Prima Divisione for the 2008–09 season.
F.C. Lumezzane V.G.Z.
A.C. Lumezzane relegated to Serie D in 2017. The club finished as the 15th of 2017–18 Serie D Group B, which relegated again. In June 2018 the club folded.
At the same time, another club, Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica ValgobbiaZanano, was renamed to Football Club Lumezzane V.G.Z. Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica, claiming as an heir of A.C. Lumezzane. V.G.Z. is the acronym of ValgobbiaZanano. The new club also acquired the logo and some assets of A.C. Lumezzane.
ValgobbiaZanano was a football club that finished as the regular season runner-up of the Group D of Promozione Lombardy in 2017–18 season. However, the club was the losing side in the promotion play-offs. A.C. ValgobbiaZanano was a merger of "A.C. Valgobbia", a team from Lumezzane and "A.C. Zanano Comisport", a team from Zanano frazione of Sarezzo circa 2003. The prefix of the club was changed to A.S.D. from A.C. in some time later. Val Gobbia itself, is a valley of the Lumezzane area.
In 2018–19 season, the new Lumezzane won the promotional playoffs of Group D, thus entered the final stage of the playoffs which compete with other winners from other groups, for the spot to promote to Eccellenza Lombardy in 2019–20 season. Lumezzane, however, lost to Sant'Angelo in aggregate in the first round of the inter-groups playoffs. In the season 2019–20 Lumezzane competes in Eccellenza, the fifth tier of Italian football.
- Michele Pini (2006/07-12, 2014–15) - Made over 100 league appearances
- Mario Balotelli (2006-07)
Colours and badge
The colours of the team are red and blue.
A.C. Lumezzane used a logo that resembled the crest of the comune of Lumezzane. F.C. Lumezzane also used a similar design, but have VGZ as well as year 2018 on it.
- Winners: 2009–10
- "la storia" (in Italian). A.C. Lumezzane. Archived from the original on 8 February 2012.
- "Lumezzane, esperienza da vendere in serie C". Messaggero Veneto (in Italian). GEDI Gruppo Editoriale. 28 August 2014. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "ValgobbiaZanano, l'obiettivo è stupire". bresciaoggi.it (in Italian). 20 August 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Col Lumezzane Vgz si chiude una ferita "Torneremo grandi"". bresciaoggi.it (in Italian). 15 September 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "A Lumezzane si chiude l'era Cavagna". giornaledibrescia.it. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Promozione" (Microsoft Word) (in Italian). FIGC-LND Lombardy. 31 May 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Cambi di denominazione sociale" (PDF). Segreteria Federale. Comunicato Ufficiale (in Italian). Italian Football Federation. 2003–04 (103/A). 24 November 2003. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Calcio: i risultati di domenica 12 maggio". bresciasettegiorni.it (in Italian). 12 May 2019. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Sant'Angelo al triangolare finale - VIDEO". Il Cittadino (in Italian). 22 May 2019. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article F.C. Lumezzane V.G.Z. A.S.D.; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.