The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Autonomous community||Canary Islands|
|Province||Santa Cruz de Tenerife|
|• Mayor||José Miguel Rodríguez Fraga|
|• Total||105.95 km2 (40.91 sq mi)|
|Elevation||280 m (920 ft)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+0 (GMT)|
Adeje is a town and municipality in the southwestern part of the island of Tenerife, one of the Canary Islands, and part of the province of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain. The town Adeje is located 4 km from the coast, 8 km north of the resort town Los Cristianos, 60 km southwest of the island capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife and about 17 km northwest of Tenerife South Airport.
Its economy is based on business, tourism and agriculture. Adeje is also home to the large water park Siam Park, which is considered the best water park in the world. Adeje is an important tourist center both on the island and nationally and internationally. This municipality has the highest concentration of 5 star hotels in Europe and also has what is considered the best luxury hotel in Spain according to World Travel Awards.
A hundred years before the Spanish conquest (1494), this place was the capital of the Menceyato of Adeje, one of the guanches (local kingdoms) in which the island was divided. It is now one of the most important tourist cities in the Canary Islands.
Many seaside communities of Adeje are major tourist hot spots. The main communities there are:
- Costa Adeje
- Playa Paraiso
- La Caleta
- Playa Fañabe
- Callao Salvaje.
Located next to the water kingdom of Siam Park, Siam Mall is a shopping center with two floors, alongside an underground parking lot with 1,100 free spaces.
Adeje beaches include:
- Playa Fañabé
- Playa del Duque
- Playa de Torviscas
- Playa la Pinta
- Playa Ajabo
- Playa San Juan
- Playa del Bobo
- Playa del puerto de Colón
- Playa Blanca
- "SUPERFICIE, PERÍMETRO Y ALTITUD DE LOS MUNICIPIOS DE CANARIAS" (in Spanish). Instituto Canario de Estadística (ISTAC).[permanent dead link]
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.
- El mejor parque acuático del mundo está en España por séptimo año consecutivo
- Las nuevas ‘catedrales’ del turismo en Tenerife
- Tenerife tiene el mejor hotel de lujo de España
Media related to Adeje at Wikimedia Commons
- Bahasa Melayu
- Norsk bokmål
- Српски / srpski
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Adeje; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.