The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Amadeo (Austrian record label)
Amadeo Österreichische Schallplatten Ges.m.b.H. (Amadeo Austrian Records Limited) was an Austrian record label founded in 1956 and based in Vienna. "Ges.m.b.H." is an abbreviation for Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung, an Austrian Limited Liability Company.
Acquisition by Polydor
In June 1974, Polydor International purchased all the shares of the Amadeo Joint Stock Company, changing the companies configuration to Amadeo Ltd. Co. Stefan von Friedberg, then Amadeo's president, resigned and accepted a position as general manager of Ariola Schallplatten. Gerhard Gebhardt, who, at the time, had responsibility for all Austrian companies in the Polydor group, became the new general manager. Also, Franz Wallner, who had served as manager of exports and special disks at Phonodisc, became manager of marketing and sales. Polydor is part of Universal Music Group.
Under the independent label
- Dr. Henry Haerdtl, founder and managing director until 1966
- Stefan von Friedberg, who joined Amadeo in 1961 and served as director of sales and exports, became managing director in 1966
- Picco Pacher, manager
Under the ownership of Polydor
- Gerhard Gebhardt, general manager
- Franz Wallner, manager marketing & sales (Wallner moved on to become director of Musica Musikverlag, an Austrian record label)
- Wolfgang Arming, president of Polygram Austria
- In 1974, Polydor's Austrian companies operated under Polydor Musikunternehmen Gesellschaft m.b.h. (Polydor, Phonogram, Amadeo, Phonodisc, and Sonotrade)
- Polydor Buys Amadeo Stock, Billboard, p. 70, June 29, 1974
- Negram Pact With Amadeo, Billboard magazine, p. 38, November 10, 1973
- Amadeo Board is Revamped, Billboard magazine, p. 30, April 23, 1966
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Amadeo (Austrian record label); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.