The image is from Wikipedia Commons
And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea
|And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea|
|Studio album by|
|Released||February 21, 2001|
|Recorded||August - October, 1999 at Salad Days Studios, Washington DC|
|Genre||Post-hardcore, art rock, math rock|
|Label||Fueled by Ramen|
And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea is the fifth and final studio album by American post-hardcore band Frodus, which was released posthumously in 2001. The album received very positive feedback from critics and fans alike, and is considered as the band's best effort.
The album was completed in 1999, and was recorded in a few months at Salad Days Studio. The band disbanded around that time and decided to make the record their last, however, due to struggles finding a proper label to release the record, its release date was held back. During 2000, tracks from the album would leak onto file-sharing networks, such as Napster. The disc was intended to be released through MIA Records, but the label shut down due to lawsuits the owner were dealing with at the time. It was not until Tony Weinbender, a long time friend of the band, signed them to Fueled by Ramen that helped them release the record in early 2001.
The album is dedicated to Alanna Alindogan.
All tracks are written by Frodus.
- Shelby Cinca - Vocals, guitar, electronics
- Jason Hamacher - Drums, percussion
- Nathan Burke - Bass, vocals, keyboards
- Prof. Yaya - Layout
- Nathan Burke - Photography
- Shigeo Kikuchi - Photography
- Anthony Childs - Photography
- Brian McTernan - Production
- D'Angelo, Peter. "Allmusic ((( And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea Review )))". Allmusic. Retrieved April 25, 2015.
- "And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea - Frodus review". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved April 25, 2015.
- "The Frodus Story". Frodus. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.