The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Former editors||Christine Murray|
|Circulation||6,817 (in 2015)|
|Year founded||1895 (1895) (as The Builder's Journal and Architectural Record)|
The first edition was produced in 1895. Originally named The Builder's Journal and Architectural Record, from 1906 to 1910 it was known as The Builder's Journal and Architectural Engineer, and it then became The Architects and Builder's Journal from 1911 until 1919, at which point it was given its current name.
In October 2015, title owner Top Right Group announced it was to stop producing print editions and that, over the next 12–18 months, all titles, including Architects' Journal, would become digital only. In December 2015 Top Right Group rebranded as Ascential, who, in January 2017, announced its intention to sell 13 titles, including Architects' Journal; the 13 "heritage titles" were to be "hived off into a separate business while buyers are sought." The brands were purchased by Metropolis International announced on 1 June 2017.
Architects' Journal remains in print, publishing 24 times a year, while its online version provides a daily news service.
In 2018 Architects' Journal won the PPA Business Magazine of the Year.
In June 2015, the magazine had a circulation of 6,817.
- "The Architects Journal" (PDF). ABC. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- Sutherland, R. J. M.; Humm, Dawn; Chrimes, Mike (2001). Historic Concrete: Background to Appraisal. Thomas Telford. p. 390. ISBN 978-0-7277-2875-3.
- Cruz, Paulo J. da Sousa (27 June 2013). Structures and Architecture: New concepts, applications and challenges. CRC Press. p. 1802. ISBN 978-1-4822-2461-0.
- Sweney, Mark (5 October 2015). "Emap brand to be scrapped as all its titles move digital-only". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Top Right Group rebrands to Ascential". Fipp. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Williams, Christopher (5 January 2017). "Ascential puts Drapers and Nursing Times up for sale in break with trade publishing". Telegraph. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- Sweney, Mark (5 January 2017). "Ascential to sell Drapers and Nursing Times as it ditches 'heritage' brands". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "New owner rescues construction mags". The Construction Index. 1 June 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Architects' Journal; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.