The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Christian Pennanech|
|10.53 km2 (4.07 sq mi)|
|• Density||340/km2 (880/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||0–59 m (0–194 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Bénodet (Breton: Benoded) is a commune in the Finistère department and administrative region of Brittany in north-western France. It lies about 16 kilometres south of Quimper. The Breton name Benoded means "mouth of the Odet".
Bénodet has a casino, a thalassotherapy centre, a cinema, a marina, a number of hotels, and several beaches. As with many coastal towns in Brittany, there are many second homes and the population increases sixfold over the summer period. Bénodet is also the site of menhirs and a church, dedicated to the 5th-century Irish saint Brigid of Kildare, which was built at the end of the 11th century and was classed as a historic monument in 1916. The town is home to the Tri Martolod brewery.
In French the inhabitants of Bénodet are known as Bénodetois.
Most events in the town take place in the summer months, as part of the town's bustling summer season. In May, the Odet yacht club organizes the Obelix Trophy, a sailing race with about 100 boats taking part over four days. Every year the commune mounts a series of Friday-evening music concerts – French pop rock group Superbus played there in 2005. A market is held in the town centre each Monday.
Bénodet is twinned with
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2018". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 28 December 2020.
- Commune de Bénodet (29006), INSEE
- Bahasa Melayu
- Simple English
- Српски / srpski
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- ᨅᨔ ᨕᨘᨁᨗ
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Bénodet; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.