The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Believe in Him
|Believe in Him|
|Studio album by|
|Released||July 21, 1986|
|Recorded||May – December 1982|
|Genre||Country gospel, Southern gospel, contemporary Christian|
|Johnny Cash chronology|
The tracks were originally recorded in 1982 for a planned album release on the Columbia Records subsidiary label, Priority Records, under the title Johnny Cash - Gospel Singer. This album was cancelled when parent CBS Records shut down Priority, and the tracks remained unreleased until issued as Believe in Him by Word records.
It is notable as the first album of original material to be released by Cash after leaving Columbia Records though, as noted, he originally recorded the tracks for the company. He subsequently signed with Mercury Records.
In 2012, it was released entirely on CD for the first time as part of Bootleg Vol 4: The Soul of Truth, with a different running order which reflected the originally planned running order for the cancelled Johnny Cash - Gospel Singer, and with the addition of four previously unissued outtakes from the recording sessions.
- Johnny Cash – Vocals, Guitar
- Marty Stuart – Producer, Guitar, Mandolin
- Earl "Poole" Ball – Piano
- Hargus "Pig" Robbins – Piano
- Bob Whitlock – Synthesizer, Organ
- David Briggs – Synthesizer, Organ
- Jack Grochmal – Pump Organ
- W. S. Holland – Drums
- Kenny Malone – Drums
- Jimmy Tittle – Bass
- Bob Wray – Bass
- Roy Huskey, Jr. – Bass
- T. Michael Coleman – Bass
- Joe Allen – Bass
- Peter Drake – Steel Guitar
- The Cathedral Quartet – Guest Vocalist
- Jessie Colter – Guest Vocals on "Rugged Old Cross"
- Mike Leech – String Arrangements
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Believe in Him; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.