The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Location of Bilecik Province in Turkey
|• Electoral district||Bilecik|
|• Total||4,307 km2 (1,663 sq mi)|
|• Density||52/km2 (130/sq mi)|
Bilecik Province (Turkish: Bilecik ili) is a province in midwest Turkey, neighboring Bursa to the west, Kocaeli and Sakarya to the north, Bolu to the east, Eskişehir to the southeast and Kütahya to the south, spanning an area of 4,307 km2. The population is 225,381. Most of the province laid down in Marmara Region but eastern parts of Gölpazarı and Söğüt district and districts of İnhisar and Yenipazar remained in Black Sea Region, smaller southeastern parts of Bozüyük and Söğüt remained in Central Anatolia Region and smaller southwestern part of Bozüyük remained in Aegean Region.
Bilecik province is divided into 8 districts (capital district in bold):
The region was inhabited as early as 3000 BC, and was part of the territory controlled by such notable civilizations as the Hittites (1400–1200 BC), the Phrygians (1200–676 BC), Lydians (595–546 BC), Persians (546–334 BC), Romans (74–395 AD) and Byzantians (395 AD to late 13th century, with two brief occupations by Ummayads in between).
Sites of interest
In Söğüt a site of interest is the Ethnographical Museum.
Some other sites of interest in the province are: Osman Gazi and Orhan Gazi mosques, Seyh Edebali and Mal Hatun mausoleums, Köprülü Mehmet Pasha mosque, Köprülü Caravanserai, Kaplikaya tombs, Rüstem Pasha mosque, and Gülalan Pavilion.
- "Population of provinces by years - 2000-2018". Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- (in Turkish) Bilecik governor's official website
- (in Turkish) Bilecik municipality's official website
- Bilecik weather forecast information
- (in Turkish) Yerel Yöneylem Kalkınma Derneği - Gölpazarı
- (in Turkish) Bayırköy's local website
- (in Turkish) Virtual platform of Bilecik Archived 2019-06-02 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Turkish) www.bilecikhayat.com/ Bilecik hayat platform]
- Беларуская (тарашкевіца)
- Fiji Hindi
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Кырык мары
- Bahasa Melayu
- Norsk bokmål
- Norsk nynorsk
- Српски / srpski
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- ئۇيغۇرچە / Uyghurche
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Bilecik Province; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.