The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born||(1915-07-13)13 July 1915
|Died||21 September 1983(1983-09-21) (aged 68)
|Spouse(s)||Stig Ahlgren (1944–1950)
Jens Otto Krag (1950–1952)
Birgit Tengroth (13 July 1915 – 21 September 1983) was a Swedish film actress. She appeared in 46 films between 1926 and 1950.
Tengroth debuted in Sven Jerring's radio show 'Barnens Brevlåda' together with her friend Sickan Carlsson at the age of 10. She studied at Royal Opera's ballet school 1926-31. Her first work for the movies was a small part in Mordbrännerskan (1926). She got a contract with Svensk Filmindustri (SF). After leaving the movie business in 1950, she became an author and journalist. Due to sickness, she spent the last years of her life in total isolation.
- The Storholmen Brothers (1932)
- His Life's Match (1932)
- Man's Way with Women (1934)
- Dollar (1938)
- Gubben kommer (1939)
- Gläd dig i din ungdom (1939)
- Between Us Barons (1939)
- Västkustens hjältar (1940)
- Rospiggar (1942)
- Natt i hamn / On Dangerous Paths (1943)
- Mans kvinna (1945)
- Thirst (1949)
- Girl with Hyacinths (1950)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Birgit Tengroth; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.