The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Parent company||Boardwalk Entertainment Group|
|Country of origin||USA|
The label had hit acts with Joan Jett and Harry Chapin. Other artists on the Boardwalk label included, Invisible Mans Band, produced by Alex Masucci and Clarence Burke Jr. Curtis Mayfield, Ohio Players, Richard "Dimples" Fields, Chris Christian, Night Ranger, Ringo Starr, Starpoint, Sunrize, Mike Love, Get Wet, Phil Seymour, Tierra, Carole Bayer Sager, and the soundtrack to the 1982 film Megaforce. Boardwalk Records also released the soundtrack for the 1980 film version of Popeye, which starred Robin Williams and Shelley Duvall.
Chris Christian was the first artist signed to Boardwalk. In late 1981, "I Want You I Need You" became a #37 Top 40 Billboard pop hit and Top 10 A/C hit for Christian. Robert Kardashian, Kim Kardashian's father, was Christian's manager and was responsible for signing Christian to Boardwalk. Kardashian bought Christian's album from the estate, and it is currently owned by YMC Records.
A year after Bogart died of cancer in 1982, the label eventually closed down. The Boardwalk catalog was purchased by Tom Ficara from W. Jersey Bank, which held the mortgage to the titles prior to the Boardwalk bankruptcy.
Boardwalk Records was relaunched as part of The Boardwalk Entertainment Group in 2010 by Neil Bogart's sons, Evan Kidd Bogart and Timothy Bogart, and their partner, Gary A. Randall. Boardwalk's current roster includes ZZ Ward, Wallpaper., and Nova Rockafeller In October 2019, Boardwalk sold the Ricky Reed catalogue to Anthem Entertainment.
- Lendt, C. K. (1997). Kiss and Sell: The Making of a Supergroup. Billboard Books. p. 55. ISBN 9780823076048. Retrieved August 10, 2020 – via Google Books.
- "Bellaphon's Zivanovic Bullis On Future $". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 92 (42): 64. October 18, 1980. Retrieved August 10, 2020 – via Google Books.
- "New On The Charts". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 93 (41): 26. October 17, 1981. Retrieved August 10, 2020 – via Google Books.
- Moritz, Charles (1993). "Current Biography Yearbook". H. W. Wilson Company. p. 283. Retrieved August 10, 2020 – via Google Books.
- "ZZ Ward Music Connection Article". Music Connection. July 23, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Wallpaper. Sony Press Release". Sony. June 13, 2013. Archived from the original on August 1, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Boardwalk Records Roster". Boardwalk. July 23, 2013. Archived from the original on August 21, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Anthem Entertainment buys Ricky Reed catalog, including cut on Lizzo hit "Truth Hurts"". Music Business Worldwide. October 29, 2019. Retrieved June 30, 2020.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Boardwalk Records; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.