The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Bonne of Berry
|Bonne of Berry|
|Countess of Savoy
Countess of Armagnac
|Born||1362 or 1365|
|Died||30 December 1435 (aged 69–70)
|Spouse||Amadeus VII, Count of Savoy
Bernard VII, Count of Armagnac
|Issue||Amadeus VIII, Duke of Savoy
Bonne of Savoy
Joan of Savoy
John IV, Count of Armagnac
Bonne, Duchess of Orléans
Barnard, Count of Pardiac
Anne, Countess of Dreux
Jeanne of Armagnac
Béatrix of Armagnac
|Father||John, Duke of Berry|
|Mother||Joanna of Armagnac|
Her first marriage was to Amadeus VII, Count of Savoy. Their marriage contract is dated 7 May 1372 and they married on 18 January 1377, but she wouldn't arrive in Savoy until 1381. They had the following children:
- Amadeus VIII, Duke of Savoy (1383 – 1439); married Mary of Burgundy.
- Bonne of Savoy (1388 – 1432); married Louis of Piedmont.
- Joan of Savoy (posthumously 1392 – 1460); married Giangiacomo Paleologo, marquis of Montferrat.
After Amadeus' death in 1391, a regency dispute over their son Amadeus VIII ensued after her husband passed over Bonne in favor of his mother Bonne of Bourbon. This conflict would only be resolved by an agreement, signed on 8 May 1393.
- Bonne of Armagnac (1395 – 1435); married Charles, Duke of Orléans.
- John IV of Armagnac (1396 – 1450); married (1) Blanche of Brittany (2) Isabella d' Évreux
- Marie of Armagnac (1397 – died young).
- Bernard of Armagnac (1400 – 1462), Count of Pardiac; married Eleanor of Bourbon-La Marche.
- Anne of Armagnac (1402 – bef. 1473); married Charles II of Albret.
- Joan of Armagnac (1403 – died young).
- Beatrice of Armagnac (1406 – died young).
- Samaran, Charles (1905). "De quelques manuscrits ayant appartenu à Jean d'Armagnac". Bibliothèque de l'École des Chartes Année. Volume 66 Number 1.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Schnerb, Bertrand (2005). "Un Seigneur Auvergnat a la Cour de Bourgogne: Renaud II, Vicomte de Murat (1405-1420)". Annuaire-Bulletin de la Société de l'Histoire de France Nuaire-Bulletin de la Société de l'Histoire de France.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Vaughan, Richard (2002). Philip the Bold: The Formation of the Burgundian State. Boydell Press.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Bonne of Berry; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.