The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Brandon Joseph Barash
(1979-10-04) October 4, 1979
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
( m. 2013; div. 2016)
Before pursuing acting, Barash had aspirations of being a cardiac surgeon. In high school, he underwent knee surgery for the chance to play college basketball. His girlfriend at that time got him in the school's musical audition without his knowledge. Barash attended the University of Southern California and got a BFA Degree in Acting. During his time at USC Brandon starred in several theatrical productions. Barash also attended the Harvey Lembeck Comedy Workshop and has trained with Lesly Kahn.
Barash first appeared in the contract role of Johnny Zacchara on the ABC soap opera General Hospital in September 2007, and left in March 2013. He returned for several short stints from 2014 to 2016.
In 2015, Barash played Melrose Place actor Thomas Calabro in the Lifetime TV film The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story. He appeared in the recurring role of Detective Robby Oderno in multiple episodes of the TNT police procedural Major Crimes from 2014 to 2016. In 2017, Barash played Ernest Hemingway in the episode "The Lost Generation" of the NBC time travel TV series Timeless. In March 2019, Barash joined the cast of Days of Our Lives, replacing Tyler Christopher in the role of Stefan DiMera.
Barash was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and is the son of Jerry L. Barash, President and CEO of Sysco Food Services of Ventura and his first wife Susan Gale. He has one brother, Jordan B. Barash, and one sister, Alison L. Barash. His family is Jewish. Barash has lived in Missouri, Texas, and California. He graduated from Memorial High School in Houston, Texas in 1998.
In August 2013, Barash and his former General Hospital co-star Kirsten Storms told People that they had secretly wed in June, and were expecting their first child, a girl, in January 2014. In January 2014, Barash confirmed on Twitter that Storms had given birth to a baby girl. In April 2016, Barash and Storms announced that they had filed for divorce after more than 2 and a half years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences and saying the separation is amicable.
|2002–04||Gilmore Girls||Jamie||Recurring: 3 episodes|||
|2003||Threat Matrix||Marine #1||Episode: "Doctor Germ"|
|2003||The West Wing||Bret||Episode: "The Shutdown"|
|2005||24||CTU Tech Brandon||Episodes: "Day 4: 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m." and "Day 4: 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m."|
|2005||Intellectual Property||Jenny's Boyfriend||Film|
|2006||NCIS||Derrick Paulson||Episode: "Escaped"|
|2007||Ten Inch Hero||Stud||Film|
|2007||Tell Me You Love Me||Frank||Episode: "1.3"|
|2007–2016||General Hospital||Johnny Zacchara||Series regular|||
|2010||The Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon||Himself/Co-Host|
|2013||Bones||Storm||Episode: "The Party in the Pants"|
|2014–2016||Major Crimes||Detective Robby Oderno||Recurring: 5 episodes|||
|2015||The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story||Thomas Calabro||Film|||
|2017||Timeless||Ernest Hemingway||Episode: "The Lost Generation"|||
|2017||Cradle Swapping||Ray||TV movie|
|2017||Scorpion||King Phillip/Chad||Episode: "Faire is Foul"|
|2018||The Last Ship||Pablo||Episode:|
|2019||Days of Our Lives||Stefan DiMera|
- Martin, Annie (April 6, 2016). "General Hospital stars Brandon Barash, Kirsten Storms to divorce". UPI. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Scarpa, Gina (September 18, 2007). "General Hospital: September 18 Live Thoughts". BuddyTV. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Scarpa, Gina (March 21, 2008). "Exclusive Interview: Brandon Barash of General Hospital". BuddyTV. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Lewis, Errol (March 5, 2013). "Brandon Barash Announces Exit from ABC's General Hospital". Soap Opera Network. Retrieved March 5, 2013.
- Eades, Chris (November 10, 2014). "Johnny's Back! Is Britt Out?". ABC Soaps In Depth. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Lewis, Errol (November 10, 2014). "CONFIRMED: Brandon Barash Returning to GH". Soap Opera Network. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Kroll, Dan J. (October 29, 2015). "Brandon Barash returning to GH in December". SoapCentral. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "BRANDON BARASH RETURNS TO GH". Soap Opera Digest. October 29, 2015. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Comings and Goings: Brandon Barash (Johnny Zacchara)". Soap Opera Digest. 40 (50)): 10. December 14, 2015.
- Clifford, Kambra (July 22, 2015). "GH's Brandon Barash scores Melrose Place gig". SoapCentral. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Mulcahy Jr., Kevin (December 29, 2014). "Major Crimes Preview: Brandon Barash from General Hospital Guest Stars". We Love Soaps. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Cushman, Dustin (May 27, 2015). "Ex-General Hospital's Brandon Barash In TNT's Major Crimes". Soaps.com. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Monaco, Rachel (March 23, 2016). "General Hospital News: Brandon Barash To Star On Primetime Drama Major Crimes". SoapOperaSpy.com. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Gelman, Vlada (January 9, 2017). "Timeless Casts General Hospital's Brandon Barash as Ernest Hemingway". TVLine. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- TV Guide. September 10–17, 2012. p. 68.
- Eades, Chris (July 13, 2016). "GENERAL HOSPITAL Stars Steve Burton, Brandon Barash, Bradford Anderson, and Scott Reeves Reunite For a New Port Chuck Tour!". ABC Soaps in Depth. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Miller, Gerri (July 31, 2014). "Brandon Barash: Bad Boy, Interrupted". TribeJournal.com (Tribe Magazine). Retrieved March 16, 2017.
- "General Hospital's Brandon Barash And Ex-All My Children's Natalie Hall Engaged". Soaps.com. December 5, 2011. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Rizzo, Monica (August 20, 2013). "Baby Girl on the Way for Newlywed Kirsten Storms". People. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- Takeda, Allison (January 10, 2014). "Kirsten Storms, Brandon Barash Welcome Baby Girl". Us Weekly. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Exclusive! Real-Life GH Couple Splits". Soap Opera Digest. April 6, 2016. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Brandon Barash; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.