The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Single by Margaret|
|from the album Monkey Business|
|Released||21 December 2017 (2017-12-21)|
|Margaret singles chronology|
"Byle jak" (English: "Anyhow") is a song by Polish singer Margaret. It was included on the deluxe edition of her third studio album, Monkey Business (2017). The song was written by Emil Gullhamn, Sebastian Hallifax, Dimitri Stassos, and Margaret, and produced by Stassos. It was released to contemporary hit radio in Poland on 21 December 2017 as the second single from Monkey Business, premiering on Radio ZET.
Margaret added "Byle jak" to her concert set list in June 2016, a year before its official studio version was released on Monkey Business. She revealed in 2018 that she wrote the song for another Polish artist three years prior, but after they did not record it, she decided to include it on her album. Margaret performed "Byle jak" for the first time on television in September 2017 at the National Festival of Polish Song broadcast by TVP1. The single reached number six on the Polish Airplay Chart, and earned Margaret her first Fryderyk nomination. Its music video was the 10th most watched Polish music video on YouTube in 2018.
A music video for "Byle jak" was released as a short film titled "Nie chce / Byle jak", which also served as a music video for another song from Monkey Business, "Nie chce" ("I Don't Want To"). The film was directed by Konrad Aksinowicz, who also co-wrote its screenplay with Margaret. It premiered exclusively in Multikino theater in Złote Tarasy, Warsaw, Poland on 22 November 2017, few days before being officially released on YouTube.
Its shortened version which only included the "Byle jak" section of the video was the 10th most watched Polish music video on YouTube in 2018 with 39.3 million views as of 6 December 2018 when the list was published.
|2018||RMF FM and Polsat's Hit of the Summer||Hit of the Summer||Won|||
|2019||Fryderyk||Audience Award – Hit of the Year||Nominated|||
- Monkey Business (Deluxe Edition) (booklet). Margaret. Extensive Music, Magic Records. 2017.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Magic Records – Pierwszy singiel Margaret w języku..." (in Polish). Facebook. 21 December 2017. Archived from the original on 20 May 2020. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Margaret zaprezentowała nowy utwór" (in Polish). All About Music. 4 June 2016. Archived from the original on 20 May 2020. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Opole 2018. Margaret: Piosenka "Byle jak" przeleżała lata w szufladzie". Nasze Miasto (in Polish). 10 June 2018. Archived from the original on 20 May 2020. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- Piotrowicz, Paweł (18 September 2018). "Opole 2017, koncert Od Opola do Opola: nierówno pod sufitem" (in Polish). Onet.pl. Archived from the original on 20 May 2020. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Margaret – piosenki to nie wszystko! Wokalistka wystąpiła w filmie! Premiera już niedługo!" (in Polish). Eska TV. 17 November 2017. Archived from the original on 21 November 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Margaret w podwójnym teledysku do "Nie Chcę / Byle Jak"" (in Polish). Popheart. 27 November 2017. Archived from the original on 28 November 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Kancerek, Maciek (6 December 2018). "TOP10 polskich klipów w 2018 na YouTube" (in Polish). Codzienna Gazeta Muzyczna. Archived from the original on 6 December 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Margaret: "Byle jak" z tytułem Przebój Lata 2018 RMF FM i Polsatu" (in Polish). Interia. 27 August 2018. Archived from the original on 27 August 2018. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Zagłosuj i przyznaj Nagrodę Publiczności!" (in Polish). ZPAV. 24 February 2019. Archived from the original on 2 March 2019. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Airplay Top 100. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Najlepiej sprzedające się płyty i najpopularniejsze utwory w radiach – podsumowanie 2018 roku" (in Polish). ZPAV. 22 January 2019. Archived from the original on 22 January 2019. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Byle jak; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.