The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born||(1974-01-30) January 30, 1974|
|Genres||Psychedelic rock, indie rock|
|Instruments||Guitar, pedal steel guitar, vocals, saxophone|
|Labels||ATO Records, MapleMusic Recordings (Canada)|
|Associated acts||My Morning Jacket, VHS or Beta|
Carl Broemel is an American rock musician. He currently plays guitar, pedal steel guitar, saxophone and sings back-up vocals for the Louisville, Kentucky band My Morning Jacket. He played guitar in the pop/rock band Old Pike  and in the alternative pop/rock band Silvercrush.
Carl grew up on the northside of Indianapolis, Indiana. The son of a symphony musician, he attended school and graduated from Pike High School. During High School, Carl was one of the stand-out musicians among his peers. He played lead guitar for the band Planet Earth and regularly amazed party goers with their sound.
In 2007 Broemel was listed among Rolling Stone's "20 New Guitar Gods" along with My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James. He has also released two solo albums. In 2010, he released his "Nashville" record All Birds Say. On October 11, 2010, Broemel played as a sit in guitarist with The Roots on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. In December 2010 Broemel contributed to Wanda Jackson's album The Party Ain't Over.
In 2019, Carl Broemel accompanied Ray LaMontagne during LaMontagne's "Just Passing Through Tour." Broemel played guitar, pedal steel guitar, and sang back-up vocals during the November 9 and 10, 2019 tour dates (at minimum) in Denver, Colorado. 
- Duesenberg Starplayer TV (black with gold pickguard)
- Lose What's Left (2004)
- All Birds Say (2010)
- 4th of July (2016)
- Wished Out (2018)
- Brokenhearted Jubilee (2019) (EP, with Eric Hopper)
With My Morning Jacket
-  All Music
-  All Music
- "Rolling Stone’s New School Of Guitar Gods" Stereogum - February 12, 2007
- Puckett, Jeffrey Lee "My Morning Jacket's Carl Broemel releases solo album" The Courier-Journal - August 31, 2010
- Kayce, Aaron https://jambands.com/features/2010/08/30/carried-away-by-my-morning-jacket-s-carl-broemel/ Jambands.com
- Hasty, Katie "Jack White and Wanda Jackson cover Bob Dylan" Hit Fix - December 13, 2010
- Russell, Josie (November 11, 2019). "Review - Ray LaMontagne Let his Songs Speak for Themselves on Night One at the Paramount Theatre". 303 Magazine.com.
- Official website
- My Space Page
- Twitter Page[permanent dead link]
- Carl Broemel discography at Discogs
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Carl Broemel; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.