The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Carlos Alberto Silva Loaiza|
|Date of birth||(1919-07-10)10 July 1919|
|Place of birth||San José, Costa Rica|
|Date of death||23 July 2009(2009-07-23) (aged 90)|
|Place of death||Costa Rica|
|1948–1950||Universidad de Bogotá||47||(0)|
|1958||Uruguay de Coronado|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Carlos Alberto Silva Loaiza commonly known as Chale Silva (10 July 1919 – 23 July 2009) was a professional footballer who played in the Colombian Professional Football League and Mexican Primera División.
Born in San José to Lizandro Silva LeRois and Zeneida Loaiza Infante, Silva played as a defender. He began his career with Segunda Division side Orión F.C., helping the club win promotion to the Costa Rican Primera División. He made his Primera debut with Orión on 7 August 1936, and captained the club to a title-winning, undefeated season in 1943. He joined rivals C.S. La Libertad the following season.
Silva began playing professional football with Mexican Primera División side Moctezuma de Orizaba in 1944. After three seasons in Mexico, he played professionally in Colombia where he signed with Universidad de Bogotá in 1948. He also played for Colombian sides Once Deportivo and Deportivo Manizales.
- Universidad statistics @ Golgolgol.net
- Once Deportivo statistics @ Golgolgol.net
- Deportivo Manizales statistics @ Golgolgol.net
- Chale Silva - Costarricense (in Spanish)
- "IN MEMORIAN "CHALE" SILVA (II PARTE)" [In memoriam "Chale" Silva (Part II)] (in Spanish). Diario Extra. 12 August 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-04-26.
- Corrella V., Randall (11 August 2003). "Figuras del ayer: Carlos Alberto Silva Loaiza" [Figures of yesterday: Carlos Alberto Silva Loaiza] (in Spanish). La Nacion.
- "FRENTE A LOS TICOS POR CUARTA VEZ" [Facing the Ticos for the fourth time] (in Spanish). El Tiempo. 31 March 1993.
- Calvo Castro, Rodrigo (21 September 1999). "A las puertas de la gloria" [At the gates of glory] (in Spanish). La Nacion.
- Reyes, Macario; Jovanovic, Bojan (25 May 2006). "CCCF Championship 1941 (San José, Costa Rica, May 8-18)". RSSSF.
- "¡Imbatibles!: Costa Rica ganó invicta en el I Centroamericano y del Caribe de Fútbol" [Unbeatable!: Costa Rica wins the first CCCF unbeaten] (in Spanish). La Nacion. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- El Chale Silva fue una muralla Figuras del ayer: Carlos Alberto Silva Loaiza - Nación (in Spanish)
- "IN MEMORIAN "CHALE" SILVA (I PARTE)" [In memoriam "Chale" Silva (Part I)] (in Spanish). Diario Extra. 11 August 2009. Archived from the original on 2010-08-03.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Chale Silva; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.