The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Lowell at San Diego Comic Con International in 2013
(1984-10-17) October 17, 1984
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Christopher Lowell (born October 17, 1984) is an American television and film actor. He played the roles of Stosh "Piz" Piznarski in the CW noir drama Veronica Mars, William "Dell" Parker in the ABC Grey's Anatomy spin-off Private Practice, Jeremy Graves on the Epix series Graves, and Bash on the Netflix series GLOW.
Lowell was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended the Atlanta International School, where he became interested in theatre and filmmaking. He attended the University of Southern California, where he was discovered in his first year while playing beach volleyball.
In 2009 Chris Lowell appeared in several videos by the sketch comedy group BriTANicK, including "Pillow Talk", and "The Morning After."
From 2007 until 2010, Lowell appeared in the ABC drama Private Practice, alongside Kate Walsh, Audra McDonald, and Tim Daly, playing Dell, the receptionist for the Oceanside Wellness Group who is also a qualified nurse, midwife-in-training, and young father to six-year-old daughter Betsy. Lowell exited Private Practice in the show's third-season finale when Dell died from heart failure, a complication during brain surgery after a vehicle accident.
In 2011, Lowell played the role of Stuart Whitworth in the film The Help, an adaptation of Kathryn Stockett's 2009 novel of the same name. The following year, filming began on Lowell's directorial debut, Beside Still Waters. Set in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, the film tells the story of a man redefining his outlook on life after the death of his parents.
Lowell also played Derrick on Fox's 2014 comedy, Enlisted.
|2004–2005||Life As We Know It||Jonathan Fields||Main, 13 episodes|
|2006–2007||Veronica Mars||Stosh "Piz" Piznarski||Main, 20 episodes|
|2007||Grey's Anatomy||William 'Dell' Parker||Episode: "The Other Side of This Life: Part 1"
Episode: "The Other Side of This Life: Part 2"
|2007–2010||Private Practice||Main, 54 episodes|
|2009||Up in the Air||Kevin|
|2011||The Help||Stuart Whitworth||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Cast
National Board of Review Award for Best Cast
Satellite Award for Best Cast – Motion Picture
|2013||Love and Honor||Peter|
|2013||Beside Still Waters||N/A||Director, producer, co-writer|
|2014||Veronica Mars||Stosh "Piz" Piznarski|
|2014||Enlisted||Corporal Derrick Hill||Main, 13 episodes|
|2014||Brightest Star||The Boy|
|2016–2017||Graves||Jeremy Graves||Main, 20 episodes|
|2019||Halt and Catch Fire||Donna's One-Night-Stand||Episode: "So It Goes"|
|2017–19||GLOW||Sebastian “Bash” Howard||Recurring (Seasons 1-2), 16 episodes
Main (Season 3), 9 episodes
|2019||iZombie||Byron Deceasey||Episode: "All's Well That Ends Well"|
|2020||Promising Young Woman||Al Monroe|
|TBA||Breaking News in Yuba County||Steve||Post-production|
- "Chris Lowell: Jonathan Fields On Life As We Know It". Archived from the original on 2006-11-12.
- Fanbolt Forums. "Life As Know It #2". Archived from the original on 2006-12-11.
- Periyasamy, Winn (June 1, 2012). "Chris Lowell Making Feature Directorial Debut on 'Beside Still Waters'". The Film Stage. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Herman, Jennifer (April 19, 2012). "A new film that takes place in Michigan will be shot in metro Detroit and Traverse City". E. W. Scripps Company. WXYZ-TV. Archived from the original on October 14, 2013. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Two Shots for Poe's Myspace".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-18. Retrieved 2014-11-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Veronica Mars: Fighting Cancellation Yet again, March 16, 2007
- "Private Practice" Scoop: Chris Lowell Not Returning for Season 4 Archived 2010-05-03 at the Wayback Machine, Zap2It.com, May 2, 2010
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Chris Lowell; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.