The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Date of birth||(1991-02-14) 14 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:35, 9 September 2012 (UTC)|
Rowney made his debut on 1 September 2009 for Oldham Athletic in their 2–1 home defeat to Accrington Stanley in the Football League Trophy, replacing Andy Holdsworth in the 62nd minute as a substitute.
He was one of six players released by Oldham at the end of his contract in June 2010. Rowney then went on to sign for Mossley later that same month. Mossley manager, Shaun Higgins commented on Rowney after he signed stating; "Chris is a very talented young player. Several offers came his way but he has chosen a different path for now and we are delighted that he has agreed to sign for us."
In 2013, he joined Curzon Ashton.
- "Oldham 1 - 2 Accrington Stanley". BBC Sport. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Latics release Whitaker". Oldham Athletic A.F.C. 14 May 2010. Archived from the original on 18 May 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Two more for Higgins". Non-League Daily. 7 June 2010. Archived from the original on 2 October 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Squad Now Complete". Mossley A.F.C. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Chris Rowney; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.