The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Christine Elise McCarthy
Christine Elise McCarthy
|Born|| (1965-02-12) February 12, 1965
|Education||Boston Latin School|
Christine Elise McCarthy (born February 12, 1965) is an American film and television actress. She is best known for her roles as Emily Valentine in Beverly Hills, 90210 and Kyle in Child's Play 2 (1990), and Cult of Chucky (2017, Cameo, Unrated Version Only).
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, the daughter of artists, she graduated from the Boston Latin School in 1983. According to his 2014 book, Jason Priestley, A Memoir, Jason Priestley writes that in 1992, he and Christine lived together and shared their lives for five years.
Credited as "Christine Elise," McCarthy had a recurring role in the final season of China Beach which she often cites as her best professional experience. She played the role of Kyle in the 1990 film Child's Play 2. In 1993, she played Jenn Platt in the horror film Body Snatchers. She had a recurring role as Emily Valentine on Beverly Hills, 90210 and also appeared on the second season of ER for 17 episodes.
Following her stint on ER, Elise appeared on the short-lived Fox show L.A. Firefighters. She appeared in the TV movie Vanishing Point with Viggo Mortensen, who had requested that she play the role. They had met on another project, Boiling Point, though her role was largely written out. She had a recurring role as the daughter of Police Chief Bill Gillespie on In the Heat of the Night and also appeared in the Charmed episode Desperate Housewitches. She was featured in the punk rock documentaries American Hardcore and All Ages: The Boston Hardcore Film.
McCarthy made her directorial debut with an award-winning short film she also wrote, produced, and starred in: Bathing and the Single Girl. Since December 2010, Bathing and the Single Girl has been screened at more than 100 festivals and has won 20 awards. Dystel & Goderich Literary Managemen] represents her full-length novel of the same name, Bathing and the Single Girl, released in January 2014.
McCarthy has also been a programmer[clarification needed] of Michigan's Waterfront Film Festival since it was founded in 1999. She has also been involved in multiple capacities (juror, panelist, programmer, and moderator) with Sidewalk FF, Indie Memphis FF, Oxford FF, RxSM FF, Victoria Texas Independent FF, Kansas City Jubilee FF, Lady Filmmakers FF, and Portland Oregon Women's FF.
On February 11, 2015, McCarthy appeared on Ken Reid's TV Guidance Counselor Podcast.
Career outside film industry
Under her birth name (Christine Elise McCarthy), she has worked as a professional photographer, once (February 2008) showing her work at the 2nd Cup Cafe in Boston. In 2008, her photographs were displayed at the Paris restaurant Pink Flamingos. In April 2009, she participated in the Cambridge, Massachusetts, exhibit called "Burlesque As Art".
Currently, Elise maintains a food porn blog called Delightful-Delicious-Delovely at "Delightful Delicious Delovely" and a vegan cooking show on YouTube - www.videovegan.com
- Baywatch (TV Series) - Amy Laederach / Catherine Baker (1 episode 1989)
- Head of the Class (TV Series) - Rhonda Gielgud (3 episodes 1989-1990)
- Child's Play 2 (Film) - Kyle (1990)
- China Beach (TV Series) - Karen Lanier (4 episodes, 1990-1991)
- In the Heat of the Night (TV Series) - Lana Farren (5 episodes, 1991-1993)
- Body Snatchers (1993 film) (Film) - Jenn Platt (1993)
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (TV Series) - Emily Valentine (12 episodes, 1991-1994)
- A League of Their Own (TV Series) - Kit Keller (1993)
- ER (TV Series) - Harper Tracy (15 episodes, 1995-1996)
- L.A. Firefighters (TV Series) - Firefighter Erin Coffey (13 episodes, 1996-1997)
- Mother Knows Best (TV Movie) - Laurel Cooper (Lifetime, 1997)
- Charmed (TV Series) - Miss Diane (Credited as Christine Elise McCarthy) (2005)
- Curse of Chucky (Film) - Kyle (2013) (photograph during post-credits scene)
- Cult of Chucky (Film) - Kyle (2017) (cameo post-credits; Unrated Version Only)
- "90210: Cast member Christine Elise, the original Beverly Hills bad girl". www.news.com.au. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Christine Elise Biography (1965-)". www.filmreference.com.
- Christine Elise McCarthy Art Opening, Boston Magazine Archived 2008-04-10 at the Wayback Machine
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Christine Elise McCarthy; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.