The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Also known as||CWV|
|Origin||Ithaca, New York/Tampa, Florida|
|Labels||Prank Records, No Idea Records, Burrito Records|
|Associated acts||Reversal of Man, Holy Mountain, Men's Recovery Project, Guiltmaker, Frodus|
|Website||CWV on Myspace|
|Past members||Dan Ponch
Combatwoundedveteran or Combat Wounded Veteran were a hardcore punk band split between Ithaca, New York and Tampa, Florida that was heavily influenced by early grindcore, screamo, math rock and powerviolence. In their 7 years of existence they managed to put out several splits, including one with heavily influential screamo band Orchid, a 10" EP, one full-length album and a posthumous release that compiles nearly all their splits and early EPs. Though the band did not tour very often or put out many records their footprint is still visible in the screamo and powerviolence underground. The band was signed to famous Florida record label No Idea Records late in their career. Guitarist Chris Norris currently does graphic design under the name Steak Mtn. and has contributed artwork for releases by groups such as Atom And His Package, Orchid and Against Me!.
- Dan Ponch – vocals, bass (1996-2002)
- Jason Hamacher – drums (2000-2002)
- Jeff Howe – bass (1996-2002)
- Chris Norris – guitar, vocals (1996-2002)
- Dan Radde – guitar, vocals (1999-2002)
- Mark Muenchinger - drums (1996-2000)
- Billy Frank – guitar (1999-2000)
- I Know A Girl Who Developes Crime Scene Photos (1999, No Idea)
- 11 Song 7" (1997, Suppose I Break Your Neck Records)
- What Flavor Is Your Death Squad Leader? (1998, Schematics Records)
- Split 6" (1999, Clean Plate Records; Split w/ Orchid)
- Combatwoundedveteran/Scrotum Grinder (1999, Burrito Records; Split w/ Scrotum Grinder)
- Electric Youth Crew (2002, Schematics Records; Split w/ Reversal of Man)
- Duck Down For The Torso (2002, No Idea Records)
- This Is Not An Erect, Red Neon Body (2004, No Idea)
- Gramlich (2001-02-01), Chris. "Combatwoundedveteran - I Know A Girl..." exclaim.ca. Exclaim!. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-02-27. Retrieved 2009-11-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Gazin (2014-06-11), Nick. "I Probably Hate You: An Interview With Steak Mtn". vice.com. Vice. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- "Combatwoundedveteran/Orchid - Split". Discogs.
- Reinecker, Meg (May 13, 2005). "Combatwoundedveteran - This Is Not an Erect, Red Neon Body". Punknews.org.
- n/a (2008-04-21). "Christopher Norris/Steak Mtn. Interview". fecalface.com. Fecalface. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Combatwoundedveteran; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.