The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|58th Mayor of Racine, Wisconsin|
November 7, 2017
|Preceded by||Dennis Wiser (acting)
John Dickert (elected)
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 66th district
January 7, 2013 – January 15, 2018
|Preceded by||Samantha Kerkman|
|Succeeded by||Greta Neubauer|
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 62nd district
January 3, 2007 – January 7, 2013
|Preceded by||John Lehman|
|Succeeded by||Tom Weatherston|
Cory D. Mason IV
(1973-01-25) January 25, 1973
Racine, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Judge Rebecca Mason|
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin–Madison|
Cory D. Mason IV (born January 25, 1973) is a Democratic Party politician and the mayor of Racine, Wisconsin. From 2007 to 2018, Mason served as a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly representing the city of Racine and eastern Racine County.
Early life and education
Wisconsin State Assembly
While in the assembly, Mason served as the ranking Assembly Democratic member of the Assembly Committee on Environment and Forestry, the Joint Legislative Council, and Joint Survey Committee on Retirement Systems. He also served on the Assembly Committee on Tourism.
Mason was named the 2009-2010 Legislator of the Year by the Wisconsin Technical College District Boards Association for his support of Wisconsin's technical colleges. Other awards include the 2014 Children's Champion Policy Award from Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, the 2013 Friend of the UW Award by the United Council of UW Students, and the River Champion Award by the River Alliance of Wisconsin. Mason was named 2012 Legislator of the Year by the Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin and was named to the Conservation Honor Roll for 2011-2012 by the Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters. He was also given an Award of Merit by the Wisconsin Association for Career and Technical Education.
Mason ran for mayor of Racine in 2017 for a special election to complete the term of the previous mayor, John Dickert. Mason won with the largest share of votes in both the primary and general elections.
Mason's mayoral administration has thus far resulted in increased residential and commercial development such as the Gold Medal Loft project in Uptown Racine and the construction of apartments at the former Walker Manufacturing site along the shores of Lake Michigan in Downtown Racine. Mason has also overseen downtown investment from global technology company Foxconn.
He was re-elected in 2019.
Wisconsin Assembly 62nd District (2006-2010)
|Republican||Van H. Wanggaard||1,416||41.68%|
|Republican||Van H. Wanggaard||9,363||47.60%|
|Democratic||Cory Mason (Incumbent)||1,118||96.30%|
|Democratic||Cory Mason (Incumbent)||17,892||84.54%||+32.17%|
|Democratic||Cory Mason (Incumbent)||1,770||31.41%|
|Democratic||Cory Mason (Incumbent)||10,455||53.78%||-30.76%|
Wisconsin Assembly 66th District (2012-2016)
|Democratic gain from Republican|
Racine Mayor (2017, 2019)
|General Election, October 17, 2017|
|General Election, April 2, 2019|
|Independent||Sandy Weidner (write-in)||2,417||27.91%||-16.68%|
- "Meet Representative Cory Mason". Wayback Machine/Wisconsin State Assembly. Archived from the original on 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- Sari Lesk (2017-11-07). "UPDATE: Mason's Assembly seat to be filled by special election". Racine Journal Times. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 2017-2018,' Biographical Sketch of Cory Mason, pg. 89
- Patrick Leary (2017-03-28). "Mayor Dickert to step down; taking role with water advocacy group". Racine Journal Times. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- Patrick Marley (2017-10-18). "State Rep. Cory Mason wins Racine mayor's race". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- Burke, Michael (2017-10-25). "Going for a Gold Medal; $17M Uptown-area redevelopment planned". Racine Journal Times. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Burke, Michael (2017-12-05). "With video: Racine unveils details of $50 million lakefront development". Racine Journal Times. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Romell, Rick; Taschler, Joe (2018-10-02). "Foxconn purchases downtown Racine property as part of 'Smart City' plans across state". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Statement of Votes Cast (Report). Racine County Clerk. 2019-04-02. p. 79. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Wisconsin Legislative Reference Bureau. "Elections in Wisconsin". State of Wisconsin 2003-2004 Blue Book (Report). State of Wisconsin. pp. 920, 923. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- City of Racine - Mayor Cory Mason - official government website
- Cory Mason for Mayor - official campaign website
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Follow the Money - Cory Mason
- Campaign 2008 campaign contributions at Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Cory Mason; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.