The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Dallas County District Attorney
The Dallas County District Attorney is the elected, or appointed by the Texas Governor in the event of a vacancy, district attorney (DA) of Dallas County, Texas. Currently, this position is held by John Creuzot, a Democrat who defeated Faith Johnson, appointed by Texas Governor Greg Abbott, after Susan Hawk resigned in 2016.< The office prosecutes offenses under Texas state law classified as felonies, Class A and B misdemeanors, appeals of Class C misdemeanors (punishable by fine only), and Class C misdemeanors filed in the Justice of the Peace courts, generally by non-municipal police agencies. (Federal law violations are prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas).
List of DAs
- John Creuzot, Democrat, 2019–present
- Faith Johnson, Republican, 2016–2018
- Susan Hawk, Republican, 2015–2018 (resigned on September 6, 2016)
- Craig Watkins, Democrat, 2007–2015
- Bill Hill, Republican, 1999-2007
- John Vance, Republican, (first elected in 1986) January 1987–?
- Henry Wade, Democrat, 1951–1987
- Allegheny County District Attorney
- Baltimore County State's Attorney
- Dallas DNA
- Denver District Attorney's Office
- District Attorney of Philadelphia
- King County Prosecuting Attorney
- Los Angeles County District Attorney
- Milwaukee County District Attorney
- New York County District Attorney
- San Diego County District Attorney
- San Francisco District Attorney's Office
- Hollandsworth, Skip (30 September 2015). "The Trials of Susan Hawk". texasmonthly.com. Texas Monthly. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- Sarah Mervosh; Gromer Jeffers Jr. (27 March 2015). "Dallas County DA Susan Hawk: I sought drug treatment". dallasnews.com. Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Criminal Defense Firm in Dallas".
- Forsyth, Jennifer S.; Eaton, Leslie (16 November 2008). "The Exonerator". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 7 September 2016 – via wsj.com.
- Moreno, Sylvia (5 March 2007). "New Prosecutor Revisits Justice in Dallas". The Washington Post. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Schutze, Jim (2 February 2006). "Coloring Book". dallasobserver.com. Dallas Observer. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Pulse OF THE City – D Magazine". dmagazine.com. D Magazine. August 1997. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Sally Giddens (March 1990). "JUDGING JOHN VANCE – D Magazine". dmagazine.com. D Magazine. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Lisa Belkin (23 March 1989). "Prosecutors Are Faulted In Dallas Murder Case". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Dallas County District Attorney; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.