The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Majority Leader of the Kentucky Senate|
January 4, 2013
|Preceded by||Robert Stivers|
|Member of the Kentucky Senate
from the 17th district
January 2, 2003
|Preceded by||Daniel Mongiardo|
|Born||(1967-09-16) September 16, 1967|
|Education||Michigan State University (BA)|
Thayer was raised in Grayling, Michigan. He graduated from Michigan State University in 1989 with a B.A. in communications. He is the owner of Thayer Communications and Consulting LLC, a marketing communications firm. Thayer was vice chairman of the Republican Party of Kentucky from 1999 to 2004.
In 2003, Thayer was elected to the Kentucky State Senate in a special election to represent the 17th District, which encompasses Grant, Scott and southern Kenton Counties. In 2017, he was selected Senate Majority Floor Leader. As a member of Senate leadership, he serves on the Committee on Committees, the Rules Committee, and the Legislative Research Commission.
- "Damon Thayer". Ballotpedia. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Meet Damon". Campaign website. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- "Video Clip from the Daily Show". Comedy Central. July 31, 2013.
- "Senate Republican Leaders go after Andy Beshear's power with three new bills". Lexington Herald-Leader. 2020.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Damon Thayer; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.