The image is from Wikipedia Commons
(1972-11-21) November 21, 1972
|Nationality||American and Canadian|
|Education||University of Victoria|
|Known for||Co-Founder and CEO (2009 – 2018), Zulily|
In 2009, Cavens and Mark Vadon co-founded Zulily, a flash-sales site focused on children’s products. The site launched in 2010. Zulily went public in November 2013. Cavens retained 21.6 percent of the voting power following the IPO. In 2014, Cavens won Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year for e-commerce.
In August 2015, Zulily was acquired by Liberty Interactive/QVC for 2.4 billion. Cavens remained as CEO of the company until January 2018 when he became President of New Ventures for newly-reorganized parent company Qurate Retail Group.
In March 2016, Cavens was named to Madrona Venture Labs’ advisory board. In 2017, Cavens joined the Board of Directors at OfferUp. In July 2018, Cavens was appointed to the board of directors for Tapestry, Inc.
- Serena Ng, "QVC Buying Online Shopping Site Zulily," The Wall Street Journal, August 17, 2015
- Claire Cain Miller, "Blue Nile’s Co-Founder Starts a Private-Sale Site," The New York Times, December 17, 2009.
- "Darrell Cavens," Bloomberg News, retrieved October 28, 2018.
- Angel Gonzalez, "QVC buys zulily at a discount from red-hot 2013 IPO," The Seattle Times, August 17, 2015.
- John Cook, "Photo of the day: 5-year-old son of Darrell Cavens introduces Zulily to Wall Street," GeekWire, November 5, 2013.
- Becky Monk, "Rover, Redfin and Zulily CEOs among Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year winners," Puget Sound Business Journal, June 23, 2014.
- Sheena Bulter-Young, "QVC Post-Merger Reorganization Will See Top HSN Execs Exit," FootWear News, October 12, 2017.
- Nat Levy and Todd Bishop, "Zulily co-founder Darrell Cavens departing as Seattle e-commerce company embarks on new era," GeekWire, September 13, 2018.
- Rachel Lerman, "Madrona Venture Labs assembles advisory board," The Seattle Times, March 10, 2016.
- "Zulily CEO Darrell Cavens joins OfferUp board, sees big things ahead for the Craigslist rival". GeekWire. 2017-05-31. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- Lisa Lockwood, "Tapestry Adds Darrell Cavens to Board of Directors," Women's Wear Daily, July 10, 2018.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Darrell Cavens; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.