The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Daughter of the Regiment (1929 film)
|Daughter of the Regiment|
|Directed by||Hans Behrendt|
|Produced by||Victor Skutezky|
|Written by||Hans H. Zerlett|
|Music by||Hansheinrich Dransmann|
British International Pictures
|Distributed by||Wardour Films
|28 February 1929|
Daughter of the Regiment (German: Die Regimentstochter) is a 1929 British-German silent film directed by Hans Behrendt and starring Betty Balfour, Alexander D'Arcy and Kurt Gerron. The plot is loosely based on the 1840 opera composed by Gaetano Donizetti. Subsequent adaptations of the story were made in 1933 and 1953.
The film's sets were designed by Heinrich Richter.
- Betty Balfour as Marie - Regiments Daughter
- Alexander D'Arcy
- Kurt Gerron as Quippo - Guard
- Julius Falkenstein
- Olga Limburg as Countess Brascani
- Caughie & Rockett p.26
- John Caughie & Kevin Rockett. The Companion to British and Irish Cinema. Cassell, 1996.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Daughter of the Regiment (1929 film); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.