The image is from Wikipedia Commons
David Sakurai on Jesper Skoubølling's photo
|Born|| (1979-07-19) 19 July 1979
|Occupation||Actor, director, scriptwriter, martial artist|
David Sakurai (Copenhagen, 19 July 1979) is a Japanese Danish actor, director, scriptwriter and martial artist.
Born in Copenhagen to a Danish mother and a Japanese father and raised in Frederiksværk, Sakurai has a brother named Kristoffer, who is a former dancer. He was interested in filmmaking from a young age and at the age of 18 moved to Japan, where he also learned acting. He played smaller roles in theatre and in indie films, like Tokyo G.P. in 2001 and Scarlet Runaway in 2005.
He returned to Denmark in 2008, mainly because he wanted to work with talented new directors and in his native tongue. Here he continued training under the Danish Actors' Association. He played one of his first leading roles in Eastern Army. He worked with Stellan Skarsgård, Steven Van Zandt and Hans Petter Moland, among others.
- 2006 Skyggen af tvivl (short film) - Lars
- 2007 Fighter - fighter
- 2009 No Right Turn - waiter
- 2010 Tour de Force - Hiru
- 2010 Wasteland Tales - stranger
- "Eastern Army"
- "I Barbari Dei Cph" (scriptwriter, producer)
- 2010 Tony Venganza - Shiba
- 2011 Hapa (short film) - "self"; (scriptwriter, director, producer)
- 2011 Shaky González/The Last Demon Slayer - Jiro (martial arts choreography)
- 2012 Emma (short film, Supernatural Tales video) - Bastian
- 2012 Ud af mørket - Johnny; (scriptwriter, director, producer)
- 2012 Hitman: Absolution (video game) - several characters
- 2012–2014 Lilyhammer (Norwegian television series) - Tensing
- 2013 Detektiverne (Danish youth thriller) - Sony Kazu
- 2014 Kraftidioten - Kinamann
- 2014 Echoes of a Ronin (short film) - Shin; (scriptwriter, producer)
- 2014 Dark Samurai - Miyamoto
- 2015 Liza, the Fox-Fairy (Hungarian dark romantic comedy) - Tomy Tani
- 2017 Iron Fist - Scythe
- 2018 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Krall
- 2018 Origin - Murakawa
- 2010 Best Actor and Audience Awards (Eastern Army; Movie Battle Film Festival, Copenhagen)
- 2010 Breakout Action Star (Action On Film International Film Festival, Los Angeles)
- 2011 GoVisual Award (Hapa, shared with I Am Your Ecstacy; Nordisk Film Festival)
- "David Sakurai" (in Danish). danskefilm.dk. Retrieved 2015-02-06.
- "David Sakurai". os-productions.jp. 2008-09-24. Archived from the original on 2015-02-07. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Interview med skuespiller David Sakurai" (in Danish). Kulturkapellet. 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- "David Sakurai Interview (Part 1): Through Darkness, Last Demon Slayer, Eastern Army & Dark Samurai". Asians on Film. 2012-09-06. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- "David Sakurai Interview (Part 2): Liza, the Fox-Fairy". Asians on Film. 2012-09-10. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- , 2015-03-15
- "Nemzetközi fődíjat nyert a Liza, a rókatündér" (in Hungarian). HVG. 2015-03-09. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- "Fantasporto crowns Liza, the Fox-Fairy". Cineuropa. 2015-03-09. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Interjú: David Sakurai (Liza, a rókatündér) + VIDEÓ" (in Hungarian and English). homemadeasia.hu. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- "Wasteland Tales". Danish Film Institute. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Festivalens prisvindere". Nordisk Film Festival. 2011-11-06. Archived from the original on 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Through Darkness / Ud af mørket". Danish Film Institute. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Detektiverne" (in Danish). sjovforborn.dk. 2014-04-10. Archived from the original on 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- Christopher Webster (2010-01-06). "Trailer for post apocalyptic actioner EASTERN ARMY". quietearth.us. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- Catherine Lee (2010-08-03). "David Sakurai tildelt "Breakout Action Star" pris ved AOF Film Festival" (in English and Danish). get2press.dk. Archived from the original on 2017-12-28. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article David Sakurai; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.