The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Dingxi urban area (Anding District)
Location of Dingxi City jurisdiction in Gansu
|Coordinates (Dingxi municipal government): Coordinates:|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Municipal seat||Anding District|
|• Prefecture-level city||19,609.24 km2 (7,571.17 sq mi)|
|• Prefecture-level city||2,524,097|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|ISO 3166 code||CN-GS-11|
Dingxi was important in the development of some of China's earliest cultures, specifically along the Wei River, one of the Yellow River's biggest tributaries. Numerous Neolithic sites from various cultures are found throughout the area.
A series of earthquakes in July 2013 killed at least 95 people and destroyed 120,000 home.
Geography and climate
Dingxi City is located in central Gansu province, 98 km (61 mi) east of Lanzhou, giving it the nickname the "eastern gateway". The Wei River, a tributary of the Yellow River flows through the district and provides it with the majority of its water. Dingxi is semi-arid, with little precipitation. Even though sunlight here can be intense, temperatures are generally cool. The surrounding terrain is mostly loess hills and ravines in the north and highlands in the south. The area is 20,300 km2 (7,800 sq mi).
Dingxi has 1 urban district, 6 counties, and 119 towns with a total population of 2,698,622.
|Name||Simplified Chinese||Hanyu Pinyin||Population
|Area (km²)||Density (/km²)|
|Anding District||安定区||Āndìng Qū||420,614||4,225||99.55|
|Tongwei County||通渭县||Tōngwèi Xiàn||349,539||2,899||120.57|
|Longxi County||陇西县||Lǒngxī Xiàn||453,259||2,657||170.59|
|Weiyuan County||渭源县||Wèiyuán Xiàn||324,215||2,034||159.40|
|Lintao County||临洮县||Líntáo Xiàn||507,386||2,851||177.97|
|Zhang County||漳县||Zhāng Xiàn||192,957||2,164||89.17|
|Min County||岷县||Mín Xiàn||450,654||3,500||128.76|
Dingxi has been one of the most poverty-stricken regions in Gansu province and China as a whole. Up to 1999, some citizens still lacked food and clothing. Although most of Gansu is arid, in other regions of the province a large portion of farmland is irrigated, whereas in Dingxi this was not the case. Especially after the 1960s, the agricultural output of Dingxi plummeted due to land degradation.
Agriculture and natural resource based industries are the key to Dingxi's economy. There are more than 300 different kinds of Chinese medicinal plants and herbs found in the area. Dingxi's Anding County is China's number one grower of yams. Zanthoxylum (also called Sichuan Pepper or prickly ash fruit), walnuts, wild apricots, and other fruit are some of Dingxi's famous dried exports. Potato is an important crop, and Dingxi has been described as the 'Potato Capital of China'.
- Shouzhuarou, cooked mutton on the bone
- Dingxi Niangpi, a type of noodle similar to Liangpi
- Longxi Qianrou, a dish made from donkey tail
- Minxian Fenyu, a type of noodle that looks like a small fish or tadpole
- G22 Qingdao–Lanzhou Expressway
- G30 Lianyungang–Khorgas Expressway
- China National Highway 312
- Longhai railway
- Xuzhou-Lanzhou High-Speed Railway
- Xihaigu, region in Ningxia with similar landscape and economic issues
- "甘肃定西邀客乡村游：黄土高原赏"国色天香"回归田园-中新网". www.chinanews.com. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- 中国·定西党政网 历史沿革. Dingxi People's Government.
- Hao, Ni. Travel Guide of Gansu. DeepLogic.
- 中国气象数据网 - WeatherBk Data (in Chinese). China Meteorological Administration. Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- Main data bulletin of the sixth national census in 2010 Archived 2014-11-29 at the Wayback Machine, 2011-05-09 (in Chinese)
- 中国·定西党政网 亲切关怀. Dingxi People's Government.
- Far Eastern Economic Review. Review Publishing Company Limited.
- "China - Strategies for reducing poverty in the 1990s". World Bank. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- 中国·定西党政网 定西简介. Dingxi People's Government.
- Wang, Menghuan; Ma, Shuzhen; Hu, Axu (2021). Tavana, Madjid; Nedjah, Nadia; Alhajj, Reda (eds.). "Experimental Study on Citation Tone of Dingxi Dialect in Gansu Province". Emerging Trends in Intelligent and Interactive Systems and Applications. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Cham: Springer International Publishing. 1304: 340–345. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-63784-2_43. ISBN 978-3-030-63784-2.
- "定西特色小吃有哪些 甘肃定西特产 - 天气加".
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Dingxi; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.