The image is from Wikipedia Commons
El-Dokki neighborhood borders
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EST)|
Dokki (Arabic: الدقي pronounced [ed.ˈdoʔ.ʔi], is a district in Giza city, which is part of Greater Cairo, in Egypt. Dokki is situated on the western bank of the Nile, directly across from Downtown Cairo. It is a vital residential and commercial district with major roads connecting the two parts of the Greater Cairo (Cairo and Giza).
Another theory about its name is that the name originated from the Dokki family, which inhabited this region since ancient times and came to it from Upper Egypt and concentrated in it, then soon moved to the countryside in Menoufia.
Many Cairene landmarks are located in Dokki, the German school Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule Kairo (DEO) and the embassies of many countries including Russia, Somalia, France, Chad, the Czech Republic, Pakistan, and Ethiopia. Dokki is home to approximately 56 foreign embassies, a number surpassed only by the Zamalek district. King Idris of Libya died at the Palace in Dokki in 1983.
The Dokki neighborhood is also called the "Schools District", where there are about 102 schools that represent all types of schools (government - private - experimental - languages). In addition to that there is also [Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule]
- The Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule is located in Dokki.
- The Pakistan International School of Cairo was formerly in Dokki.
The Dokki district currently has 2 Cairo Metro stations (Bohooth & Dokki) both are parts of line 2. In addition to that 1 station from the under development line 3 will be on the Gameat Al Dewal Al Arabeya street between Dokki and Mohandiseen district Many public buses lines pass through it and it has a lot of station and on of the main working district for.
Almost all banks in Egypt have one and or more than one branch in the Dokki district. For example El Ahli bank has around 5 branches in the Dokki.
The Dokki district contains varieties of food restaurant of different types: 1. for Shawerma there is Semsema, Naama, Shawerma Al Reem and many more. 2. almost all franchise american food have one or more than one branch there. for example Macdonalds, Pizza hut, Papa johnes, weiderwald, Dommina´s Pizza and many more 3. Kebab restaurants: Radwan, Sheikh, Antar, Azma, Seikh mashwy and many more. 4. Kedba and sausage: for example Ezz El Menoufy.
and many more the Dokki is a vital distract with many companies, schools, Embassies and banks that is why it is very profitable to open restaurants there.
- Hosam, Othman. "System Audit Manager". Coca Cola Egypt. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Kontakt." Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule. Retrieved on 18 January 2015. "6, El Dokki St. Dokki / Giza"
- "Contact Us." Pakistan International School Cairo. Retrieved on 21 April 2015. "12 Midan Tehran, Dokki, Cairo."
- Dokki and Mohandiseen travel guide from Wikivoyage
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Dokki; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.