The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Dokki (Arabic: الدقي pronounced [ed.ˈdoʔ.ʔi], of either Arabic or Turkish origin, meaning harbor) is a district in Giza city, which is part of Greater Cairo, in Egypt. Dokki is situated on the western bank of the Nile, directly across from Downtown Cairo.
Many Cairene landmarks are located in Dokki, the German school Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule Kairo (DEO) and the embassies of many countries including Russia, Somalia, France, Chad, the Czech Republic, Pakistan, and Ethiopia. Dokki is home to approximately 40 foreign embassies, a number surpassed only by the Zamalek district. King Idris of Libya died at the Palace in Dokki in 1983.
- The Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule is located in Dokki.
- The Pakistan International School of Cairo was formerly in Dokki.
The metro runs here.
- Hosam, Othman. "System Audit Manager". Coca Cola Egypt. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Kontakt." Deutsche Evangelische Oberschule. Retrieved on 18 January 2015. "6, El Dokki St. Dokki / Giza"
- "Contact Us." Pakistan International School Cairo. Retrieved on 21 April 2015. "12 Midan Tehran, Dokki, Cairo."
- Dokki and Mohandiseen travel guide from Wikivoyage
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Dokki; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.