The image is from Wikipedia Commons
European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations
CEPT logo, designed by Michael Goaman
|Formation||June 26, 1959 (1959-06-26)|
|The Chairman of ECC, The Chairman of CERP and the Chairman of Com-ITU|
The European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) was established on June 26, 1959, as a coordinating body for European state telecommunications and postal organizations. The acronym comes from the French version of its name Conférence européenne des administrations des postes et des télécommunications.
CEPT was responsible for the creation of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) in 1988.
CEPT is organised into three main components:
- Electronic Communications Committee (ECC) - responsible for radiocommunications and telecommunications matters and formed by the merger of ECTRA (European Committee for Telecommunications Regulatory Affairs) and ERC (European Radiocommunications Committee) in September 2001
- The permanent secretariat of the ECC is the European Communications Office (ECO)
- European Committee for Postal Regulation (CERP, after the French "Comité européen des régulateurs postaux") - responsible for postal matters
- The Committee for ITU Policy (Com-ITU) is responsible for organising the co-ordination of CEPT actions for the preparation for and during the course of the ITU activities meetings of the Council, Plenipotentiary Conferences, World Telecommunication Development Conferences, World Telecommunication Standardisation Assemblies
As of March 2019 : 48 countries. 
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City,
- CEPT Recommendation T/CD 06-01 (standard for videotex)
- E-carrier (standard for multiplexed telephone circuits)
- International Telecommunication Union
- Universal Postal Union
- African Telecommunications Union (ATU)
- Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT)
- Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.