The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Faculty of Science, University of Colombo
|Dean||Prof. K.R.R Mahanama|
Faculty of Science (also known as The Science Faculty) is one of seven faculties of the University of Colombo. The oldest Faculty of Science in the country, it conducts both undergraduate and post-graduate degree programs in many fields of science.
Established in 1942 with the founding the University of Ceylon, as such it is one of the two oldest faculties in the island. At its formation its nucleus was formed from staff from the Science Section of the Ceylon Technical College. Part of the faculty was moved to Peradeniya, with other department remaining in Colombo. The faculty carries out research and studies Chemistry, Mathematics, Nuclear science, Physics, Plant Sciences, Statistics and Zoology.
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Plant Science
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Nuclear Science
- Professor Stanley Wijesundera - former Vice Chancellor of the University of Colombo
- Vidya Jyothi Professor V. K. Samaranayake - former Dean of the Faculty of Science, University of Colombo and Founder of University of Colombo School of Computing
- Professor Nalin de Silva - Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Kelaniya
- Professor Gihan Wikramanayake - Director of the University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC)
- Dr Sarath Gunapala, Scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
External links & reference
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Faculty of Science, University of Colombo; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.