The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Frances Helen Dafoe|
|Born||(1929-12-17)December 17, 1929
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Died||September 23, 2016(2016-09-23) (aged 86)|
|Former partner||Norris Bowden|
Frances Helen Dafoe, pair skater. She was born in Toronto, Ontario. She competed with Norris Bowden. The couple captured four Canadian titles and two World Figure Skating Championships, and won the silver medal at the 1956 Winter Olympics.(December 17, 1929 – September 23, 2016) was a Canadian
Following her skating career, Dafoe worked as an Olympic judge and costume designer. She worked for CBC for nearly 40 years designing costumes for various shows, and she also designed the performers' costumes for the closing ceremonies at the 1988 Winter Olympics.
|Winter Olympic Games||5th||2nd|
|North American Championships||1st||1st|
- "Frances Dafoe and Norris Bowden". July 6, 2009. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "Frances Dafoe, Bowden To Retire From Skating After This Season". The Montreal Gazette. January 23, 1956. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Olympic silver medallist and world champion pairs skater Dafoe dies at 86
- "Frances Dafoe: Order of Canada". Governor-General of Canada. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Frances Dafoe; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.