The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Francesco Bellissimo at Italian Embassy of Japan, Tokyo, 2015
|Born|| (1979-01-03) January 3, 1979
|Occupation||Celebrity chef, sommelier dell'Olio, tarento, actor, martial artist|
Francesco Bellissimo (ベリッシモ・フランチェスコ, Berisshimo Furanchesuko) (born January 3, 1979 in Rome) is an Italian celebrity chef, businessman, sommelier dell'Olio, actor, foreign tarento and martial artist. He holds the rank of 3rd dan black belt in Kyokushin karate. He is living and working in Japan, and nicknamed Italia no Taneuma (イタリアの種馬, Itaria no Taneuma, lit. "Italian Stallion"). He is the president of the Italian Cooking Association in Japan, known as "Italian Ryouri Kenkyukai" in Japanese.
Bellissimo writes for various Japanese cooking magazines and books.
Born on January 3, 1979 in Rome, Bellissimo took an early interest in cooking through his parents. During his time at Sapienza University of Rome, where he majored in Philosophy, he entered the army and graduated from school there. In 2001, he came to Japan and graduated from a Japanese language class at the YMCA. He has won first place at a Japanese debate contest.
Aside from his work as a chef and a foreign tarento, Bellissimo has experience as a food critic, an Italian cuisine consultant, a motivational speaker, a model for fashion magazines, a columnist, an essayist, and a sports commentator. He is also known to be quite knowledgeable on Italian fashion, and is often referred to as "one of the trendiest chefs in the industry."
Ambassador of the history of Italian cuisine
In 2017, Bellissimo has launched a cultural program on the cuisine of Leonardo da Vinci and Ancient Rome together with historian Daniele Macuglia from The University of Chicago. With Macuglia, he reconstructs forgotten dishes of the Italian culture and lectured at various universities and cultural institutes in the United States and Japan.
Appearances in Television Variety Programs
- Handsome Kitchen (Fuji Television)
- Waratte Iitomo! (Fuji Television)
- Wagamama!Kimama!Tabikibun (BS-Fuji)
- GakkoChakkoTV (Akita Television)
- Konnichiwa Itto6ken (NHK)
- Kitchen ga hashiru! (NHK)
- One Seg Lunch Box Raku Gohan (NHK)
- Junbanmachi no Ryorikyoshitsu (LaLa TV)
- Sekai ga Odorita Nippon!Sugoi desune!!Shisatsudan (TV Asahi)
- Uchigohan (TV Asahi)
- Eko no Saho (TV Asahi)
- Shikamo!! (Nippon Television)
- Sekai banzuke (Nippon Television)
- Osama no brunch (Tokyo Broadcasting System)
- Sekai fushigi hakken! (Tokyo Broadcasting System)
- Sekai no minna ni kiitemita (Tokyo Broadcasting System)
- Sekai kurabetemitara (Tokyo Broadcasting System)
- Bara iro Dandi (Tokyo MX)
- Goji ni Muchu(Tokyo MX)
Appearances in Television Dramas
- Kyō wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. (2014).... Italian Chef
- Kore wa Keihi de Ochimasen!(2019).... Italian Chef
Appearances in Commercials
- Suits for AEON's Top Value line (March–May 2014)
- Italian suits for AEON's Top Value line (September–November 2014)
- Setagaya Shizensyokuhin (December 2018 – )
- Croquette no Manma for Mikakuto Co.,Ltd (October 2019 – )
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2010). Ouchi de Itaria Gohan Berisshimo to oryōri dēto. Tokyo: Bunkasha. ISBN 978-4821142941.
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2010). Sono Manma Obun Ryori. Tokyo: Shufunotomosha. ISBN 978-4072691335.
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2012). Italian no Kihon to Oisha no Kotsu. Tokyo: Nittōshoinhonsha. ISBN 978-4528015050.
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2013). Yidali shuai ge zhu chu dao ni jia : gan lan you jian kang liao li, 5 fen zhong YAMI shang cai. Taipei: Taibei Shi : Tai shi wen hua shi ye gu fen you xian gong si. ISBN 978-9863430032.
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2014). Bijinesu pason no sasou gijutsu : Tecniche di comunicazione e relazione interpersonale per uomini d'affari. Tokyo: Diamond-sha. ISBN 978-4478026311.
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2014). Berisshimo na Omotemeshi Itariashiki koi no shokujiho : Tecniche di cucina italiana per avere successo in amore. Tokyo: Shufutoseikatsusha. ISBN 978-4391146066.
- Bellissimo, Francesco (2015). Jing dian yi da li mei shi 100 dao. Taipei: Taibei shi. OCLC 909245594.
- Shuukan Shinchou (Shinchosha)
- "Nutrition and Cooking" (Kagawa Nutrition University)
- AMARENA (Fusosha Publishing)
- ESSE (Fusosha Publishing)
- SPA! (Fusosha Publishing)
- "ASCII Weekly" (ASCII Media Works)
- CanCam (Shogakukan)
- PRECIOUS (Shogakukan)
- Jyosei Seven (Shogakukan)
- BIteki (Shogakukan)
- S Cawaii! (SHUFUNOTOMO)
- Akachan Ga Hoshii (SHUFUNOTOMO)
Awards and nominations
|2012||Handsome Kitchen||Best Cooking TV Show||Won|||
- "Francesco Bellissimo". IMDb.
- "イタリア料理研究会". cucinaitalia.org.
- "Results for 'au:"Bellissimo, Francesco."' [WorldCat.org]". worldcat.org.
- "世界が驚いたニッポン! スゴ〜イデスネ!!視察団". tv-asahi.co.jp.
- "BS朝日 – SHISEIDO presents エコの作法". bs-asahi.co.jp.
- "なんでもワールドランキング ネプ&イモトの世界番付 – 日本テレビ". ntv.co.jp.
- "バラいろダンディ – TOKYO MXTV". s.mxtv.jp/.
- "5時に夢中! – TOKYO MXTV". s.mxtv.jp/.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Francesco Bellissimo; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.