The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Georgia May Foote
Georgia May Foote
Georgia May Foote interviewed at Ullswater Community College Prize Day in 2015
|Born|| (1991-02-11) 11 February 1991
|Alison Simmons in Grange Hill (2005–08)
Katy Armstrong in Coronation Street (2010–15)
Strictly Come Dancing (2015)
Holly in Trollied (2016)
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)|
Georgia May Foote (born 11 February 1991) is an English actress and model. She is best known for playing Alison Simmons in the BBC school drama series Grange Hill from 2005 to 2008 and Katy Armstrong in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street from 2010 to 2015. In 2015 she was runner-up on the BBC celebrity talent show Strictly Come Dancing. She came 98th in FHM's Sexiest Women of 2015.
Foote has been appearing on British television since 2004. She has played two different murder victims: Angela Fairley in the psychological thriller Conviction, and as Charley Witham in Life on Mars. Other roles are Rosie in Sorted, Katy Barnes in Doctors, Jennifer Thurber in the BBC drama Casualty (20 September 2008), Julie Tinniswood in the ITV drama Heartbeat (3 May 2009), Bryony in Emmerdale (April 2010), and Gemma in This Is England 86. She played the role of Lauren in the short film Cotton Stones. She also appeared in two domestic abuse television adverts. She made a guest appearance in Coronation Street as Jess Burrows (18 January 2010), but was re-introduced as a new, regular character in July 2010, playing Katy Armstrong. She left the show in 2015 to pursue other acting roles, interests, projects, and her modelling career.
In 2013, Foote was nominated for the Sexiest Female Award at the British Soap Awards, but lost out to fellow Coronation Street actress Michelle Keegan. In 2014, she was nominated for the same award but again lost out to Michelle Keegan who portrayed Tina McIntyre in the show. In 2015 she came 98th on FHM's 100 Sexiest Women, she featured alongside Keegan who came 1st, the first time two stars from the same British soap had been in the Top 100 public poll.
Strictly Come Dancing
On 13 August 2015, it was announced that Foote would be participating in the thirteenth series of the BBC celebrity talent show Strictly Come Dancing from September 2015. She was partnered with professional dancer Giovanni Pernice. The couple eventually reached the final where they received the maximum 40 points for their Charleston. They ended as joint runners-up along with Kellie Bright and Kevin Clifton, losing out to Jay McGuiness and Aliona Vilani who won the competition.
|Week No.||Dance/Song||Judges' score||Result|
|Craig Revel Horwood||Darcey Bussell||Len Goodman||Bruno Tonioli||Total|
|1||Jive – "Dear Future Husband"||6||7||7||7||27||None|
|2||Waltz – "Georgia on My Mind"||6||6||6||7||25||Safe|
|3||Rumba – "Writing's on the Wall"||7||7||6||7||27||Safe|
|4||Quickstep – "Reach"||7||7||9||8||31||Safe|
|5||Salsa – "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)"||7||8||8||8||31||Safe|
|6||Tango – "Ghostbusters"||8||9||9||9||35||Safe|
|7||Samba - "Volare"||8||9||9||9||35||Safe|
|8||Charleston - "Hot Honey Rag"||9||10||10||10||39||Safe|
|9||American Smooth - "I Have Nothing"||9||9||10||10||38||Safe|
|10||Paso Doble - "The Final Countdown"||8||8||8||9||33||Safe|
|Quickstep-a-thon - "Sing Sing Sing"||Awarded||6||Extra||Points||39|
|11||Foxtrot - "Beauty and the Beast"||9||9||9||9||36||Bottom two|
|12||Cha-Cha-Cha - "I Will Survive"||8||8||8||9||33||Safe|
|Viennese Waltz - "Runaway"||9||10||9||10||38|
|13||Rumba – "Writing's on the Wall"||9||9||9||9||36||Runners-Up|
|Showdance - "Fix You"||9||9||9||9||36|
|Charleston - "Hot Honey Rag"||10||10||10||10||40|
|2004||Conviction||Angela Fairley||3 episodes|
|2007||Life on Mars||Charley Witham||1 episode|
|2005–08||Grange Hill||Alison Simmons||Series regular|
|2008||Casualty||Jennifer Thurber||1 episode|
|2009||Cotton Stones||Lauren||Short film|
|Heartbeat||Julie Tinniswood||1 episode|
|2010||Emmerdale||Bryony Gregson||1 episode|
|This Is England '86||Gemma||2 episodes|
|Coronation Street||Jess Burrows||1 episode|
|2010–15||Katy Armstrong||Series regular|
|2012, 2013||Loose Women||Herself||Guest panellist: 2 episodes|
|2013||All Star Family Fortunes||Contestant/panelist|
|2013, 2016||Celebrity Juice|
|2015||Strictly Come Dancing|
|Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two|
|2016||Saturday Kitchen||1 episode|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Result||Award||Category||Film or series||Character|
|2013||Nominated||The British Soap Awards||Sexiest Female||Coronation Street||Katy Armstrong|
|2014||Nominated||The British Soap Awards||Sexiest Female|
- "Coronation Street Katy actress Georgia May Foote signs new contract". 13 May 2013. DigitalSpy. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "FHM 100 Sexiest 2015".
- "The Corrie star and the plumber: Coronation Street maneater is a one-man woman in real life". Mirror. 9 March 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Exclusive: Corrie's Georgia May Foote on the big Christmas birth scene". Mirror. 18 December 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Georgia May Foote plays Katy Armstrong". TVNZ. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Abuse in Relationships: Would you Stop Yourself?. YouTube. 15 February 2010.
- "Georgia set to join the Street". 1 July 2010. Bury Times. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Lewis Panther (6 September 2014). "Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote leaving for the bright lights of Hollywood". mirror.
- Bustos, Kristina (4 October 2014). "Georgia May Foote Signs to Select Model Management". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Association, Press (13 August 2015). "Ex-Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote announced as fourth contestant for Strictly Come Dancing 2015". Telegraph.co.uk.
- "BBC Blogs - Strictly Come Dancing - Jay McGuiness Wins Strictly!". Strictly Come Dancing.
- Guide, British Comedy (30 August 2016). "Sky 1 orders Trollied Series 6".
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Georgia May Foote; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.