The image is from Wikipedia Commons
H. S. Dillon
Harbrinderjit Singh Dillon
(1945-04-23)April 23, 1945
|Died||September 16, 2019(2019-09-16) (aged 74)
|Alma mater||Universitas Sumatera Utara
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Drupadi Kaur Harnopidjati Dhillon, Ph.D|
|Children||Ir. Haryasetyaka Singh Dillon, MA. PhD
Ir. Mahawira Singh Dillon, MA
Mahareksha Singh Dillon, SH.LLM
Harbrinderjit Singh Dillon (23 April 1945 – 16 September 2019) was an Indonesian Sikh who occupied a variety of positions in Indonesian political life, including assistant to the Minister of Agriculture, and Commissioner of the National Commission on Human Rights ). His[when?] positions included executive director of Partnership Governance Reform in Indonesia. He was an outspoken critic of corruption in Indonesia.
H.S. Dillon was also the founder of The Foundation for International Human Rights Reporting Standards (FIHRRST), an international association dedicated to the respect, protection and fulfilment of human rights. Dillon was joined by a group of internationally respected human rights advocates (among others, Marzuki Darusman, Marzuki Usman, Makarim Wibisono, James Kallman, Dradjad Hari Wibowo) to establish the organization, which develops and promotes standards by which adherence to human rights principles can be demonstrated.
He studied at Cornell University in the United States, earning his PhD in agricultural economics and also studying subjects including international trade and development, resource management, and developmental sociology.
- "HS Dillon Meninggal Dunia - kumparan.com". kumparan.com. Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- "Harbrinderjit Singh Dillon- has the face of a debonair Indian Sikh, but his soul belongs firmly in Indonesia". www.nriinternet.com. Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- www.beritasore.com http://www.beritasore.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi?option=com_content&task=view&id=2435&Itemid=36. Missing or empty
- "Protests Over Energy Costs". Asia Pacific Action.
- H. S. Dillon and Marcellus Rantetana, Food Security in Indonesia, (Chapter 4 in Vijay S Vyas, Food Security in Asian Countries 2005 ISBN 8171884563 )
- see HS Dillon, a fearless campaigner which lists several publications.
- HS Dillon, a fearless campaigner - March 09, 2005. Interview, personal background and list of positions.
- Indonesians in Focus: H. S. Dillon - H. S. Dillon and governance reform planetmole.org
- The Association for Human Rights Reporting Standards (FIHRRST)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article H. S. Dillon; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.