The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Holly G. Frankel
|Born|| (1979-07-13) July 13, 1979
|Other names||Holly Gauthier-Frankel|
|Occupation||Voice actress, singer, dancer, comedian|
Holly G. Frankel (born July 13, 1979), also known as Holly Gauthier-Frankel, is a Canadian voice actress, singer, dancer, and comedian. Frankel is best known for supplying the voice of Fern in Arthur, Sagwa in Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat, Rita in Go Hugo Go and Hugo: the Movie Star, Teri in What's with Andy?, Loulou in Wimzie's House, and Flora in the Cinélume's English dub of Winx Club. She is also known for her alter-ego as burlesque performer Miss Sugarpuss, of which Holly retired in 2016.
Holly is the daughter of Ron Frankel and Mary Lou Gauthier, who were former members of Malcolm Tomlinson's band Milkwood. At the age of seven, she became a voice actress after work as a studio singer for commercials. Since that time, she has been active in Montreal's neo-burlesque scene, the English theatre scene, several different musical spheres, and has continued to do voiceover, film and television work. She attended CEGEP and then McGill University. While attending the Montreal World Film Festival in 2004, she discovered burlesque. She was in the midst of depression and had a eating disorder at the time, and she credits it with saving her life.
- Lockette - PopPixie (Cinélume English dub)
- Penelope Truehart and Jody Goodheart - Fred's Head TV series (2008)
- Ezekiel Zick - Monster Allergy (2005)
- Flora - Winx Club (Cinélume English dub)
- Fern - Arthur (1996) and Postcards from Buster (2004)
- Sagwa and Chung-nee - Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat (2001–2002)
- Third Driver - Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
- Young Woman - Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure (2001)
- Belinda - Mona the Vampire (1999–2003)
- Loulou - Wimzie's House (1995–1996)
- Teri - What's with Andy? (2003–2007)
- Julie and DeeDee - Caillou (1997)
- Yukari - Tommy and Oscar (1999–2000)
- Polly McShane - The Kids from Room 402 (1999–2001)
- Rita the Fox - Jungledyret Hugo (Danish movie series) (English dub)
- Daisy Meadows - The Rockouts Show (2011)
- Sam and Yoki - Jack (2011)
- Hua - Shaolin Wuzang
- Rosy Barb - Fishtronaut
- Bella - Spookley the Square Pumpkin (2005)
- Amelys - Laura's Happy Adventures
- Nina - Evolution Worlds
- Vladanna and Operator - Still Life
- Sharon Judd - Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Several Voices in Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin's Creed II and Hype: The Time Quest
- Vocalist that covered several songs for the music game Dance on Broadway for the Wii by Ubisoft
- Tania - Undying Love
- Dirty Sanchez - Blue Mountain State
- Snowflakes and It's Christmas Morning from Caillou's Holiday Movie
- Holly Gauthier-Frankel is born for the stage by Katelyn Spide. "...by age seven, Gauthier-Frankel was already working as a professional voice actor."
- Erickson, Hal (July 2005). Television cartoon shows: an illustrated encyclopedia, 1949 through 2003. McFarland & Co. p. 704. ISBN 9780786422562. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Holly Gauthier-Frankel; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.