The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Hugh Robert Bernard|
|Born|| (1996-09-14) 14 September 1996
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Domestic team information|
|2015–2017||Kent (squad no. 27)|
|First-class debut||1 May 2016 Kent v Glamorgan|
|LA debut||25 January 2017 Kent v Leeward Islands|
Source: CricInfo, 11 February 2017
Hugh Robert Bernard (born 14 September 1996) is an English former professional cricketer who has played for Kent County Cricket Club. He is a right-arm medium-fast pace bowler and a right-handed batsman. Bernard is a graduate of the Kent Cricket Academy and has featured in Kent's Second XI since 2014 as well as playing club cricket for Folkestone. In June 2015, Bernard signed his first professional contract with Kent. He made his first-class debut on 1 May 2016 against Glamorgan.
Youth international career
Bernard made his Youth One Day International debut for England Under-19s during a tour of Australia in April 2015, appearing twice and taking 5/14 in the final match of the series in Perth. In August 2015 he appeared four time for England under-19s as Australia Under-19s toured England. During December 2015 Bernard again played for the side in the 2015 Sri Lanka Under-19 Tri-Nation tournament before appearing twice for England against the touring Sri Lanka under-19s in August 2016.
Domestic cricket career
Bernard made his senior first-class debut for Kent in May 2016, appearing against Glamorgan at Canterbury. He claimed his maiden first-class wicket in the Glamorgan first innings, having Aneurin Donald caught at deep square leg, taking three wickets in the match and becoming the 17th member of the Kent Academy to progress to senior cricket. He made his List A debut for Kent on 25 January 2017 against the Leeward Islands in the 2016–17 Regional Super50 tournament in Antigua.
- Hugh Bernard, CricInfo. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Hugh Bernard signs first professional contract at Kent, Kent County Cricket Club, 2015-06-15. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Folkestone CC fast bowler Hugh Bernard signs his first professional contract with Kent Cricket Club, Kent Online, 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Kent Cricket Academy prospects Ryan Davies and Hugh Bernard receive coaching from England Test captain Alastair Cook ahead of under-19 tour, Kent Online, 2015-03-20. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Kent and Folkestone bowler Hugh Bernard wants to play for the England senior team after making his under-19 debut, Kent Online, 2015-04-22. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Bernard five-for helps England U-19 finish on high note, ESPN Cricinfo, 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Folkestone CC and Kent Cricket bowler Hugh Bernard shines for England under-19s against Australia in Derby, Kent Online, 2015-08-19. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- U19 Hugh Bernard relishes his Aussie experience, Folkestone Herald, 2015-08-27. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Bernard eyes Kent chance after U19 gig, Folkestone Herald, 2015-12-04. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Hugh Bernard looks ahead to 2016 ICC Under 19s World Cup, Kent County Cricket Club, 2015-12-07. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Bernard takes two wickets in England U19 tour defeat to India, Kent County Cricket Club, 2015-12-11. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Under-19 ODU matches played by Hugh Bernard, CricketArchive. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- Kent bowler Mitch Claydon signs new contract, Kent Online, 2016-08-08. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- Bell-Drummond puts squeeze on Glamorgan, CricInfo, 2016-05-01. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- County Championship: Coles and Claydon put Kent on top, BBC Wales sport website, 2016-05-01. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- Hoad A (2016) Kent's teenage seamer Hugh Bernard says more to come from him after three wickets on debut, Kent Online, 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- Hoad A (2017) Kent all-rounder Adam Ball and seamer Hugh Bernard set for move away from club, Kent Online, 2017-08-29. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Hugh Bernard; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.