The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Distributor(s)||In Akustik (Germany), Discovery (UK), New Arts International & LC Music (Benelux), Naxos (Canada), Distrijazz (Spain), Socadisc (France), Jazz World (Hong Kong), Narrator (Hungary), Koshin, Flau & Marquee (Japan), Believe (digital)|
|Genre||Jazz, world, experimental|
|Country of origin||Belgium|
Igloo Records is a record label run by Sowarex in Brussels, Belgium that concentrates on jazz and world music. Igloo is the best-known of five imprints run by Sowarex. According to one of its founders, the label was developed when the local scene was enhanced by the arrival of American jazzmen that include JR Montrose and Chet Baker.
- Igloo, created in 1978, has released albums by Belgian jazz musicians Anne Wolf, Charles Loos, Diederik Wissels, Eric Legnini, Félix Simtaine, Ivan Paduart, Jacques Pelzer, Mélanie De Biasio, Michel Herr, Nathalie Loriers, Pascal Schumacher, Philip Catherine, Philippe Aerts, drummer Antoine Pierre (Urbex) and Steve Houben.
- Rainland released English-speaking projects by Klaus Klang, Tom Wolf, Owen Curtiz and others but folded in 1994.
- IglooMondo was set up in 2005 and is home to world-based projects such as Majid Bekkas, the late Wendo Kolosoy and Manou Gallo.
- Iglectic releases left-field material such as Flat Earth Society, X-Legged Sally and L'Ensemble Musique Nouvelles.
- Factice, created in 2013, showcases Belgian French-speaking artists such as Mochélan, Karim Gharbi and Tomassenko.
Together, the labels have released almost 300 CDs over a period spanning 40 years.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Igloo Records; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.