The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Im in 2013
|Born|| (1979-07-11) July 11, 1979
Seoul, South Korea
|Other names||Lim Soo-jung|
|Agent||King Kong by Starship|
|Revised Romanization||Im Su-jeong|
Im Soo-jung (Hangul: 임수정; born on July 11, 1979) is a South Korean actress. After modeling for teen magazines, Im made her acting breakthrough in Kim Jee-woon's horror film A Tale of Two Sisters (2003), followed by the popular television drama I'm Sorry, I Love You (2004). She has since appeared in numerous films, notably Park Chan-wook's I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK (2006), Hur Jin-ho's Happiness (2007), Lee Yoon-ki's Come Rain, Come Shine (2011), and Min Kyu-dong's All About My Wife, for which she won Best Actress at the 33rd Blue Dragon Film Awards.
Im Soo-jung made her debut in 1998 as a cover model for teen magazines. She then moved onto acting and debuted in the teen drama School 4, but it was Kim Jee-woon's 2003 stylish horror A Tale of Two Sisters that first drew her critical notice and newcomer awards. A year later, the hit KBS2 drama series I'm Sorry, I Love You catapulted her into stardom. With Im looking much younger than her age, those projects solidified her image as an eternal ingenue, as did touching character study ...ing, horse jockey film Lump Sugar, and Park Chan-wook's surrealist I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK.
In recent years she began shedding that image by taking on more adult roles, notable among them Hur Jin-ho's romantic melodrama Happiness, Choi Dong-hoon's blockbuster fantasy Jeon Woo-chi: The Taoist Wizard, romantic comedy Finding Mr. Destiny, and Lee Yoon-ki's minimalist breakup indie Come Rain, Come Shine. For her performance in All About My Wife, she won Best Actress at the Blue Dragon Film Awards, and the Women in Film Korea Awards.
Im and Lee Jung-jae played two artists in a post-apocalyptic environment in the short film El Fin del Mundo ("The End of the World"), which screened at the prestigious contemporary art exhibition dOCUMENTA. She also acted opposite veteran Thai actor Sorapong Chatree in Aditya Assarat's short film Phuket, which was commissioned jointly by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Association of Tourism and Hotel Operators of Phuket.
Im was previously part of the SidusHQ agency, but moved to being managed by KeyEast. KeyEast launched her official website in June 2012. According to the actress, the online space will be a place where she can converse with her fans directly.
In 2015, Im starred in Perfect Proposal, a remake of British crime thriller Woman of Straw that was partly shot in Macau. She next starred in Time Renegades, a time-hopping romantic thriller where she played dual roles.
In February 2017, Im was cast in the drama Chicago Typewriter alongside Yoo Ah-in. This marks Im's small screen come back after thirteen years since 2004. The same year, she was named the cultural ambassador for the UK-Korea Creative Futures mutual exchange.
|Year||English title||Korean title||Role||Notes|
|2002||The Romantic President||피아노 치는 대통령||Han Young-hee|
|2003||A Tale of Two Sisters||장화, 홍련||Bae Su-mi|
|2005||Sad Movie||새드무비||Ahn Soo-jung|||
|2006||Lump Sugar||각설탕||Kim Shi-eun|
|I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK||싸이보그지만 괜찮아||Cha Young-goon|
|2009||Jeon Woo-chi: The Taoist Wizard||전우치||Seo In-kyung|
|2010||Finding Mr. Destiny||김종욱 찾기||Seo Ji-woo|
|2011||Come Rain, Come Shine||사랑한다, 사랑하지 않는다||Woman|
|2012||All About My Wife||내 아내의 모든 것||Yeon Jung-in|
|2015||Perfect Proposal||은밀한 유혹||Ji-yeon|
|2016||Time Renegade||시간이탈자||Yoon-jung (1983) / So-eun (2015)|
|2017||The Table||더 테이블||Hye-gyeong|
|Year||English title||Korean title||Role||Network|
|2001–2002||School 4||학교 4||Oh Hye-ra||KBS2|
|2004||I'm Sorry, I Love You||미안하다, 사랑한다||Song Eun-chae|
|2017||Chicago Typewriter||시카고 타자기||Jeon Seol||tvN|
|2019||Search: www||검색어를 입력하세요: www||Bae Ta-mi|
|2001||"I'm Sorry"||Kim Jang-hoon|
Awards and nominations
- "Im Soo-jung". Hancinema.
- "Lim Soo-jung signs contract with King Kong". Korea JoongAng Daily. 1 September 2018.
- "LIM Soo-jung". Korean Film Council.
- "임수정 "밝은 역할을 하다보니 변하네요"". Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). 5 November 2004.
- "[씨네피플]'장화, 홍련' 임수정-문근영 인터뷰". Donga Ilbo (in Korean). 9 June 2003.
- "Lim Soo Jung & director Kim Ji Woon reminisce 'A Tale Of Two Sisters'". Yahoo News. 26 August 2013.
- "<미안하다, 사랑한다> 인기 절정… 무채커플·무혁체 등 유행어도 양산". Cine21 (in Korean). 23 December 2004.
- "Kang Dong-won Selected As Top Dream Date". KBS Global. 24 March 2005.
- "[영화 프리뷰] 아이엔지". DT (in Korean). 21 December 2003.
- "Lump Sugar Goes Down Well". The Korea Times via Hancinema. 25 July 2006. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Commercial Vs. Avant-Garde: Park Chan-wook on Cyborg". The Chosun Ilbo. 7 December 2006.
- Lee, Ji-hye (4 March 2011). "Lim Soo-jung’s Movie Picks". 10Asia.
- Lee, Hyo-won (2 October 2007). "Actresses Gain Presence Onscreen". The Korea Times.
- "Lim Soo-jung Grows Up in New Tearjerker". The Chosun Ilbo. 19 September 2007.
- Lee, Ji-hye (18 November 2009). "Woochi set to work its magic - Part 1". 10Asia.
- Lee, Ji-hye (18 November 2009). "Woochi set to work its magic - Part 2". 10Asia.
- Lee, Hyo-won (12 February 2010). "Destiny sweetly reminisces first loves". The Korea Times.
- Kwon, Mee-yoo (21 January 2011). "Come Rain invited to Berlinale". The Korea Times.
- "Nagging Wife Role Lets Lim Soo-jung Explore Hidden Side" The Chosun Ilbo. 12 May 2012.
- Oh, Seol-hye (25 May 2012). "Everything About My Wife Lim Soojung becomes the trend". StarN News.
- Ji, Yong-jin (4 December 2012). "PIETA Wins Best Picture at Blue Dragon Awards". Korean Film Council.
- "Byun Young-joo Picked as Director of the Year by Female Film Critics". The Chosun Ilbo. 5 December 2012.
- Kim, Hyun-min (6 December 2012). "BYUN Young-joo Selected as the Woman Filmmaker of 2012". Korean Film Council.
- "Main Film: el Fin Del Mundo". News from Nowhere. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Lee, Woo-young (11 June 2012). "Three Korean artists invited to world's largest contemporary art fair". The Korea Herald.
- "Phuket". BIFF.kr. Archived from the original on 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Lim Soo-jung Stars in Thai Indie Movie". The Chosun Ilbo. 9 September 2009.
- Hong, Lucia (12 June 2012). "Actress Lim Soo-jung launches official website". 10Asia.
- Sunwoo, Carla (14 June 2012). "Lim Soo-jung says hello to the cyber world" Archived 2013-01-27 at Archive.today. Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Tae, Sang-joon (23 June 2014). "LIM Soo-jung and YOO Yeon-seok Lead SECRET TEMPTATION Cranks-up". Korean Film Council.
- Jung, Hyun-mok (26 May 2015). "Im Soo-jung is nervous ahead of return to acting". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "[Interview] Im Soo-jung brings out her true colors". TV Report. 6 April 2016.
- Kim, Ji-hyun (14 October 2015). "임수정 측 "10월 말 키이스트 전속 계약 만료"". TV Report. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Lee, Min-ji (24 March 2016). "임수정, 신생 매니지먼트 YNK엔터테인먼트와 전속계약". Newsen. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "THE TABLE Gathers Quartet of Superb Actresses in Elegant Drama". Screen Anarchy. 21 August 2017.
- "Actress Im Soo-jung Returns to TV After More Than a Decade". The Chosun Ilbo. 7 April 2017.
- "Lim named cultural ambassador". Korea JoongAng Daily. 16 February 2017.
- "LIM Soo-jung Takes on YOUR REQUEST". Korean Film Council. 12 June 2017.
- "Lim Soo-jung on the role of mothers and more". Korea JoongAng Daily. 13 April 2018.
- "Im Soo-jung gets role in tvN drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. 19 February 2019.
- "Im Soo-jung to Play Ambitious Career Woman in New TV Series". The Chosun Ilbo. 19 February 2019.
- "Star-studded `Sad Movie` not so sad". The Korea Herald. 6 April 2010.
- "임수정, 넬 '백야' 뮤비서 폭풍 눈물 열연". MK (in Korean). December 3, 2012.
- "청룡영화상, '봄 여름 가을 겨울 그리고 봄' 최우수 작품상 수상". Newsis (in Korean). 11 December 2013.
- "살인의 추억, '대한민국 영화대상'6개부문 석권". Financial News (in Korean). 30 November 2003.
- "Memories of Murder wins Critics Choice Awards". Hancinema. Korean Film Biz Zone. 19 November 2003.
- "(인터뷰)임수정 "그 어느 때보다 지금의 내가 제일 좋아"". Newstomato (in Korean). 19 June 2015.
- "<살인의 추억>, 디렉터스컷 감독상 등 3개 부문 수상". Korean Film Biz Zone. 19 December 2003.
- "2003년 스타덤 예감 신인7인  - 강동원·임수정". Cine21 (in Korean). 10 January 2003.
- "Breakout talent roll". Variety. 7 February 2007.
- "Fantasporto shares out top honours". Screen Daily. 1 March 2004.
- "고두심, 'KBS연기대상' 대상 수상 ; 역대 연기대상 5관왕". My Dailt (in Korean). 1 January 2005.
- "라이징 스타상 임수정 ＂한국영화에 필요한 배우 되겠다＂". Newsen (in Korean). 15 October 2006.
- "임수정 10대 스타일아이콘 선정 "더 의미있는 배우 될것"(스타일아이콘어워즈)". Newsen (in Korean). 25 October 2012.
- Cite error: The named reference
bluewas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Cite error: The named reference
womenwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Im Soo-jung; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.