The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born|| (1990-11-08) 8 November 1990
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
|Club||Noblessner Yacht Club|
|Coach||Matthew Rickard |
Ingrid Puusta (born 8 November 1990 in Märjamaa) is an Estonian Olympic windsurfer, who specialized in Neil Pryde RS:X class. She represented Estonia at the 2012 Summer Olympics, and has been currently training for Noblessner Yacht Club in Tallinn under her personal coach Matthew Rickard. As of March 2017, Puusta is ranked no. 10 in the world for the RS:X class by the World Sailing.
In Rio Olympics Puusta scarcely didn't reach to medal race becoming good 11th overall. Puusta competed in the women's RS:X class at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London by receiving a berth from the World Championships in Cadiz, Spain. Delivering a satisfactory effort in the opening series, Puusta managed to pull off a sixth position on the third leg, but fell short for the medal race with an accumulated net score of 134 and a fifteenth-place finish in a fleet of twenty-six sailors.
25 September 2016 Ingrid Puusta windsurfed 164,5 km across the Baltic Sea alone to rise money for disabled sailing in Estonia. Puusta started from Swedish Farö near Gotland on Sunday morning 0737 UTC+3 and finished 2125 UTC+3 at Türju in Saaremaa, Estonia. Weak wind extended her crossing time to nearly 14 hours. The Yellow Brick global Iridium satellite tracking system allowed viewers to follow the Baltic Sea crossing via the web link http://yb.tl/bsc-rsx
2019 pre-Olympics event READY STEADY TOKYO in Enoshima, Japan, Ingrid Puusta achieved high 8th overall position, having 3rd place in medal race. RS:X Worlds in tricky Lake Garda winds saw her winning a race in gold fleet, becoming 28th overall.
She has seven Estonian Champion titles over the years.
- "Ingrid Puusta". London 2012. Archived from the original on 5 April 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Ingrid Puusta". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Finals Series Underway At RS:X Worlds". ISAF. 27 March 2012. Archived from the original on 13 December 2007. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Ingrid Puusta sai olümpiadebüüdil tubli 15. koha, soomlanna lähedal medalile" [Ingrid Puusta finished 15th at the Olympics, much closer to the final race] (in Estonian). Delfi. 5 August 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Women's RS:X". London 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Ingrid Puusta; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.